etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

3 Spring Break Getaways For A Decent Price

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Siena chapter.

Getting out of the cold weather is on everybody’s mind this time of year. With the start of the spring semester there is good news and bad news. The bad news is you need to bare the cold weather and head to classes everyday. The good news, however, is that Spring Break is just around the corner! I know Christmas seems like it was about a week ago (cue dance) and a lot of people do not have the funds to travel BUT there are great spring break destinations that wont make too much of a dent in your wallet. College is the perfect time to travel with your best friends so now is the time to make those great memories for a decent price, of course. So start saving or crack open those piggy banks!

(All prices and information is from priceline.com) 

Cancun, Mexico 

The beach and the nightlife is what makes Cancun a hot vacation spot for college students. During the day, people can chill on the beach and enjoy water externions such as jet sking, go to the shops just a few miles away from the resorts and experience the historical and cultural activities which include beautiful Mayan ruins. The form of transportation around Cancun is manily bus and cost only $1 to get from your resort to the markets, shopping centers and nightclubs. 

Price Range (including airfair): $500-$1,300 per person ALL INCLUSIVE RESORTS 

Main form of transportation around Cancun: Bus 

Nassau, Bahamas  

Just the name “Bahamas” should say it all when it comes to this spring break destination. Vacationers can quarantee amazing beach weather all year round and it is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the Bahamas. College students pick this destination to spend their week because of its action pact surroundings. The ‘capital’ offers shopping centers, nightclubs and casinos and of course its beautiful beaches. Spending a week here would definetely be paradise. 

Price range (including airfair)- $600-1,200 per person ALL INCLUSIVE RESORTS 

Forms of transportation- taxi, shuttle bus 

Jamaica 

Hiking, exploring underwater caves and chilling on the beach are only a few of the great things that can be done in Jamaica. March-April is the most popular time to visit the Carribean islands because it is the end of hurricane season which means that bad weather is avoidable. One of the coolest things to do in Jamaica is attend their annual concerts which includes a Jamaica Jazz and Blues Festival and a Bob Marley tribute festival. 

Hotle/resort stay range (including airfair)- $720-900

Cheapest Hotle: $70-80 per night 

Forms of transportation- Taxi 

Miami Beach, Florida

You can never go wrong with a trip to Florida. The beaches, the nightlife and adventures will make for a memorable and exciting getaway with your best friends. During this time of year you can expect hot days and cool nights when hitting the town with your group.

Prince range (including airfair)- $500-800

Cheapest Hotle: $70-80 per night 

Forms of transportation: taxi, bus, rental cars

Annie Zeina studied at Siena College from 2013-2015. She studied Journalism during her time at Siena.