3 Holiday Makeup Looks to Try This Christmas!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Siena chapter.

Christmas time is always a fun time to experiment with different makeup trends. With these different makeup looks, you’ll be able to rock any christmas party that comes up! Feel free to add or subtract any of the ideas listed below. Happy Holidays!

1.     Gold Eyes, Nude Lips

·      Start off with priming your eyes with an eye primer or use concealer.

·      Take a gold color eye shadow and place it on the lid. Keep it away from the inner corner.

·      Take a darker bronze color and place this color on the outer v of the eye, lower lash-line and slightly into the crease.

·      Blend out the crease with a fluffy brush to get rid of a harsh line in the crease.

·      Take a shimmery white color and place this on the brow bone and in the inner corner.

·      Apply some eyeliner on the top lash-line and add mascara.

·      If you are attending a special event, add some false eyelashes!

·      Apply a nude lipstick on your lips or just apply some chapstick.

2.     Classic Look

·      Start off with priming your eyes or use concealer.

·      Apply an eye shadow color that is a few shades darker than your skin tone into the outer v of your eye and the crease.

·      Apply a thick line on top of your lash-line with eyeliner, making a wing at the edge and plenty of coats of mascara (Tip: To create a perfect wing, take a piece of tape, blot off some of the stickiness on the back of your hand, and place on the edge of your eye, making sure it lines up with your lower lash-line. When finished, remove tape!)

·      Make sure to moisturize your lips before lining them with a lip liner; apply a red lip liner of your choice to make sure the lipstick stays in place all day. Apply lipstick of the same color on your lips. Add a shiny gloss on top.

3.     Emerald Eyeliner, Pink Lip

·      Apply eye primer all over the lid or concealer

·      Apply a shimmery skin tone eye shadow all over the lid

·      Take an emerald color eyeliner and line your top lash-line

·      Coat your lashes with plenty of mascara

·      Find a light pink lipstick or gloss to finish the look!

Emily Wojtkowski is a Siena College Class of 2018 alumna. During her time at Siena, she studied Marketing and also minored in Education.