This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Siena chapter.

With the endless hours of scrolling through social media during quarantine, you’ve might have spotted some fashion trends constantly popping up on your feed. Despite many brick and mortar stores having their doors shut until further notice, their online shops are still open and ready for your newest style overload (or can you ever overload on too many clothes?).

Maybe our favorite store (a.k.a. TJ Maxx) might be closed in-store and online, but that doesn’t mean we’re completely out of luck to get our summer fashion games going. Who says quarantine has to squash our summer fashion game like it did our summer bodies?

Here are the Summer 2020 fashion trends I can’t wait to try.

Cargo/Utility

I’ve been seeing cargo pants and utility jackets all over my socials! I keep seeing Boohoo’s High Waist Woven Picket Cargo Pants in Camel advertised to me on Facebook and every time I consider buying them.

Cargo pants are such a simple way to add a little edge to your outfit without forfeiting comfort. Add a cargo jacket to complete the full look or just wear a nice cargo jacket with some jeans or sweats for more a causal look.

Suits

I love a good matching outfit. I’m obsessed every time I see anyone wearing a blazer with matching shorts. I’ve been super into blazers being used in causal looks. It’s a touch of classy with a comfort. Perfect combo.

Square Toed Shoes

Square toed shoes are going to be the shoes of the summer. For girls who aren’t the biggest fans of low heels or sandals, square toed shoes actually look pretty cool in a lower profile. Get them into pastel colors (another trend of the summer!) and pair them with a cute sundress for easy fashion all summer long.

Mint Green

Anyone who knows me knows how much of a fan of mint I am. The flavor and the color alike, it doesn’t matter. Mint seems to be rolling into this summer from last, and I’m definitely here for it. And you should be too!

From monochrome to accents, mint adds a subtle (but noticeable!) pop of color. You’ll be the one everyone is looking at this summer for you killer fashion sense. That’s definitely not a bad thing when you’re rocking a bold mint color.

Chains

Oh. My. God. I love a thick gold chain necklace, especially a choker necklace. It’s a nice way to add a bit of bling to your outfit. If you’re in between wearing a nice outfit or a cute and comfy one, adding a gold chain choker gives you a happy medium.

Boots

Although boots can get hot in the summer, they’re actually kind nice on a rainy day when your sandals aren’t an option, the only thing about your outfit you have to change is your shoes. Boots are weather resistant and a super cool additive to any outfit. Going for weatherproof or edgy or just not in the mood for strappy scandals, adding a nice combat or leather boot can change the vibe of your outfit.

With endless possibilities this summer (and hopefully being able to show off your killer style), try out these new trends to change things up. At least make quarantine worthwhile and develop your new summer style!

Alyssa Guzman is a Siena College Class of 2021 alumna. During her time at Siena, she Double Majored in English and Communications Journalism with a minor in Writing and Communications.