fashion illustration with sunglasses?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
fashion illustration with sunglasses?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Illustration by Sketchify in Canva
Style

2020 NYFW Trends

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Siena chapter.

New York Fashion Week (NYFW) was recently, and if you missed the shows, here are some of the trends seen on the runway! 

Color

It seems designers are ditching drab colors this Fall and going for bold colors. Instead of the Fall staple of all black, we’ll be seeing a statement piece with a neutral top or bottom to spice up our lives and our fashion.

Tailored Professional

I don’t know what to really call this, so I’m dubbing it Tailored Professional. It seems the workspace is about to become more fashionable. With tailoring becoming a thing of the present, as well as, bolder patterns and tailored waist and shoulder lines. We’re ditching plain jane suits for more fun shapes and patterns this Fall.

Baggy with a Cinched Waist

2020 has been a sure fire way to gain weight with quarantine lasting so long, but fashion doesn’t stop with the extra weight. Instead, baggy pieces with cinched waists are in!

Suits

Every time I see a matching suit set, I immediately want to buy it. It seems this trends has not only transcended seasons, but it here to say for another. Fall is the perfect season to do this trend, because you can go from a matching skirt and blazer to a nice pant suit as the weather changes. Fall weather is every changing and it allows you to really play with different vibes with your suit pieces.

Florals

Nothing says, “Still summer in my dreams,” like carrying florals into Fall.

Cutouts

Cutouts could be seen all over the runway, and I’m sure it will hit the streets soon. Another way to really spice up a Fall outfit is to add cutouts.

Can’t wait to see all the outfits that come out of these new trends.

Alyssa Guzman is a Siena College Class of 2021 alumna. During her time at Siena, she Double Majored in English and Communications Journalism with a minor in Writing and Communications.