10 Things to Do If You’re Single on Valentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Siena chapter.

Single on Valentine’s Day? Not sure what to do? Well, here are some ideas to make the day for “couples” a little more fun!

1. Spa Day!

Valentine’s Day is the perfect day to pamper yourself! Try a new DIY face mask and treat yourself to a relaxing night in!

Image Source

2. Go out

Get some of your girlfriends together and have a night out on the town. It’s always fun to find a cute new restaurant to try out!

3. Let’s get cooking

Valentine’s Day is the perfect time to make fun and creative treats, so come up with your own ideas or get some pointers by browsing through Pinterest!

Image Source

4. Movie marathon

Check out some of our favorites below! These can easily be found on Netflix or Amazon Prime. 

•  Love Actually
  •  I Hate Valentine’s Day
  •  Bridesmaids
  •  John Tucker Must Die
  •  How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days
  •  Valentine’s Day 
  •  50 First Dates
  •  Titanic
  •  Crazy, Stupid, Love
  •  She’s The Man

5. Do some yoga

Why not do yoga on Valentine’s Day? It’s the perfect day to relax and reflect! 

Image Source:

6. Gift exchange

Gather together your best girlies and have a Secret Valentine gift exchange!

7. Throw a party!

GIF Source:

8. Treat yourself

Why not splurge? A little retail therapy is bound to cheer you up!

Image Source:

9. Take a fun fitness class!

GIF Source

10. Do something nice for someone

Spend the day with a relative you haven’t seen in a while or do some volunteering. Volunteering can be a great way to give back. Find a local shelter and play with some animals for the day. This activity is bound to make you feel better!

Psychology major with a biology minor at Siena College. Graduating in 2019. All things food, photography, fashion, and travel. Studying abroad Spring 2018.