This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Siena chapter.

Don’t get me wrong, summer is by far my favorite season (because of my birthday, obviously) but the fall season is a close second for me. Ever since I was little, I low-key have loved fall because it means quality family time going apple picking or drinking a cup of cider. And, okay I’m actually really basic with my love for PSL, but I also love the changing of temperatures and watching the seasons change in front of me with the leaves. Between the baking, snuggling up with a good book, Thanksgiving, and Halloweekend, these are the top 10 reasons why I love Fall:

1. Limited time comfort food/drinks 

Okay, duhhh, the apple cider, Pumpkin spice lattes (sorry, basic), donuts, apples, pies, candy corn, etc. You’re lying if you say the food isn’t one of the best parts of Fall!!! There is absolutely nothing like a good apple cider donut or freshly picked apple in the cooler temperatures. 

2. Apple picking and pumpkin patches

One of the best things to do in the Fall is to go apple picking or to a pumpkin patch. There’s nothing like making a homemade pie from freshly picked apples, and it’s especially great to get into the fall season spirit from either these activities. Also, it’s always great family time!!! 

3. Halloween (Halloweekend)

Okay if you’re in college—Halloweekend is LEGENDARY. Three nights of different costumes and having so much fun with your friends. Although Halloween in college is a ton of fun, regardless of what age you are, Halloween is super fun. Ever since I was little, I’ve always loved Halloween with all the candy, cool costumes, and the feeling that anything could be lurking wherever you turn. The spookiest night of the year!

4. Nature during the seasonal changes

Whether it’s the changing of the colors of the leaves, where you can literally see the changing of seasons in front of you, cooler air, or simply playing in the leaves, these are some of the best parts of fall. Nature is absolutely beautiful during the next few months, and no matter how old you are, raking and jumping into leaves is the BEST. 

5. THANKSGIVING

Who doesn’t love Thanksgiving??? Between the food, family, friends and football, Thanksgiving is one of the greatest parts of the fall season.

6. Fall style

This one’s for you ladies!! Although a bathing suit and shorts are the ideal style for a while, fall has some of the best style trends. Between chunky boots, leggings, big sweaters and scarfs, there’s nothing like bundling up for a good fall day. It’s that perfect cross between not needing heavy coat yet and also being able to dress in your sweaters and tights. 

7. Shaving Season is OOOVVVERRRR!

I had to put this in here….not sure about everyone else, but one of my all time favorite things about fall is not having to shave my legs constantly! Also by the time my summer pedicure gets nasty looking, socks are in again! It’s a 2-for-1 deal and it’s so much easier.  

8. The best workouts….

My fellow athletes can agree that fall is the best time for outdoor workouts and the best time to get the last few runs or walks outside!! The low humidity and cool temps make for great weather that’s perfect for workouts.

9. Bonfires, s’mores, and blankets

There’s something about bonfires which makes them soooo much better in the chillier weather. Whether it’s the big blankets or the better tasting s’mores in the cold weather, a bonfire is one of the best things in the fall.

10. You know what’s almost here…..Christmas!

I saved the best for last!!!! Because what comes after Thanksgiving, Halloween, and the fall?? CHRISTMAS!!!!! How many days again? 102? Not that I’m counting or anything…..  

Living every day to the fullest and trying to change the world