In Preparation for Spring Break…

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SHSU chapter.

SPRING BREAK!!!!!
…is not for a couple of weeks. But don’t worry guys, it’ll be here before you know it! Sam Houston State University’s spring holiday is set for the week of March 12-16.
It’s tough to contain thoughts about sunning on the beach and not having to study for exams, but stay strong in your classes for the meantime! No one could possibly think of blaming you for eagerly waiting for a vacation—after all, a student’s life is a very busy one.
It’s hard to focus on the not-so-fun stuff because you have to do that already, but here are some things that you might want to keep in the back of your mind during the break for safety’s sake:
Drink lots of water! It’d be no fun to find yourself dehydrated and unable to focus.
It also wouldn’t be much fun to get a terrible burn, so try your best to apply sunscreen. If you use one with a low SPF, you can still get that beach glow without putting your skin at risk.
So whether you’ve got a week on the beach planned or have to stay in Huntsville, just remember to have some fun! That’s what Spring Break is all about. Classes resume on Monday, March 19. (But it’s OK to not think about that until you absolutely have to.)

Lauren Hall is a senior English major at Sam Houston State University, minoring in Secondary Education. She considers herself a typical Southern girl, having grown up in the small town of Teague, Texas (pop. 4,500). When she's not busy with school work, Lauren is probably spending time with her large family, her twin sister, and her five best friends, who she has been friends with since preschool. She loves to read, cook, travel, and spend time at her family's lakehouse and at church. After graduation, Lauren plans on getting a job teaching high school English and journalism. She plans to start on her Master's degree as soon as possible, and hopes to eventually teach at the college level.