Homecoming Guide 2014

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ship chapter.

It’s that time of year again Ship!  The time of year where students have a week long excuse to dress ridiculously.  To plan for the upcoming weekend two weeks before the big game. Here are some helpful tips and tricks to make your homecoming (whether it’s your first or last) the most memorable!

Head to the university bookstore to buy some new spirit wear for Saturday because after all, you are NOT a spirit gear repeater.  The bookstore will be having sales all week on school apparel so don’t miss out!  

Give me an S, give me an H, give me an I, give me a P!  What’s that spell?  SHIP!  Bring your best school spirit to Seth Grove Stadium at 7 p.m. to celebrate for the game!  Afterwards head on over to party with APB in the Cub MPR to dance the night away at the after event until 12 a.m.

Come out to Seth Grover Stadium to support our Raider football team battle it out with Cheyney.  The game starts at 1 p.m.  Also, hang out with Alumni and current students on the practice field to tailgate the game away!  

Make sure you bow down to our future Homecoming King and Queen at halftime!  Stick around to see who is crowned!  

After all of the festivities head on over to Dunkin’ Donuts to get some much needed caffeine for the homecoming dance!  Put on your best, and party for the rest of Homecoming!  The event will be held in the Cub MPR from 10 p.m. to 2 a.m.  

Remember, this is Homecoming and here at SU, WE NEVER GIVE UP THE SHIP! 

I am currently a senior attending Shippensburg University where I am a Communication/Journalism major and an English minor. My roommates and I are living our senior year to the fullest and stirring up trouble on campus! I am a realist, a feminist (not the extreme type), a shoe lover, and a beauty blogger. My drink of choice at the bar is cranberry and vodka and it has been said that I am some what of a coffee addict. I love writing and photography and was able to put these talents to use at my internship this past summer with Susquehanna Style Magazine. I am also the Editor-in-Chief of my campus's student run newspaper, The Slate. All in all, I love fun times, friends and fashion. Let me know what you think of my articles! Much love, XOXO
Sarah is the founding editor of Her Campus Ship. She graduated in May 2015 with a B.A. in communication/journalism and a minor in international studies. During her undergrad career she completed a fashion internship at Girls' Life magazine and an editorial internship at Redbook magazine. After graduation, she is headed to Istanbul and Venice to write about food and culture as an intern in iei Media's foreign reporting program. Upon returning to the states, she plans on pursuing a career in publishing.