Getting out of the Post Spring Break Slump

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ship chapter.

Getting out of the Post Spring Break Slump:

By: Taylor Ebersole

If you’re motivation wasn’t already at an all-time low pre-spring break, then consider yourself lucky. It’s the first week back, after many of us traveled to the beach, or even just enjoyed the comfort of home. We are so close to summer with just a little more than a month of the semester left. Finding the motivation to finish these last assignments is rough, but there’s little things that can give us that extra boost we need to make it through the day!

Exercise!

Keep up with the gym as if you were going to be in that spring break bikini again! You’ll feel better about yourself and have more energy.

Smoothies!?

I recently incorporated healthy smoothies into my diet and can already feel the difference. I’m less bloated and the scoop of superfoods I add gives me all the vitamins and nutrients I need.

To-Do Lists:

Make lists for everything! Your mind is probably scattered, from the math assignment you forgot was due at midnight, to what you need to get at the store later. Just write it down. I find that if I write it on a list, I feel more organized and know what I need to get done and in what order.

& Don’t forget to reward yourself!

Try not to push yourself to the point where you burn out. Stop for a snack or go enjoy the spring weather. Even if it’s a short break, any time is better than none at all!

I'm Nicole! Nikki, Nic, anything you want to call me really. I'm from south-eastern Pennsylvania and I love life and beauty. Whenever I'm not writing or taking pictures for my blogs or social media accounts, you can find me (hopefully) at the beach surfing, traveling, making new friends and seeing new places. I'm in love with people I've never met and places I've never been to. I am currently a Senior (!!!) at Shippensburg University, majoring in Communications Journalism (focusing in Public Relations) and minoring in Psychology. I would love to work for a PR firm with advertising, event planning and perhaps a chance to travel. Thanks for reading!! - Nicole