Getting to Know HC Ship: Molly F. Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ship chapter.

This week we’re getting to know a little more about HC Ship member: Molly!

“My name is Molly Foster and I will be a freshman Comm/Journ major at Ship this year. I am conflicted with both feelings of excitement and nerves as I approach this monumental change in my life – temporarily leaving everyone and everything I know behind me to grow as an individual over the next four years of my life. I must admit, it is kind of scary and it will surely take some getting used to. However, writing has always been an outlet for me, as it has never failed to ease my often-cluttered mind, and will surely be an escape for me at college. When I struggle to find the right words to communicate verbally, when I don’t quite know how to handle a situation, or when I am simply feeling conflicted, I turn to the power of writing to help me find the right words or to find the best decision for me to make.

I aspire to become a journalist one day and use my words to inspire others with my words as much as my words inspire me and my own personal life. So, from the moment I was informed about HerCampus Ship, I was immediately interested. I realized that it would not only allow me to easily meet individuals who share common interests with me, but it would also help make this transition to college life so much easier for me as I have the opportunity to bring a little piece of what I consider home to me, to Shippensburg University: my writing. I am looking forward to contributing to this year’s siccess of HerCampus Ship, and to all else that may come with it!”

I'm Nicole! Nikki, Nic, anything you want to call me really. I'm from south-eastern Pennsylvania and I love life and beauty. Whenever I'm not writing or taking pictures for my blogs or social media accounts, you can find me (hopefully) at the beach surfing, traveling, making new friends and seeing new places. I'm in love with people I've never met and places I've never been to. I am currently a Senior (!!!) at Shippensburg University, majoring in Communications Journalism (focusing in Public Relations) and minoring in Psychology. I would love to work for a PR firm with advertising, event planning and perhaps a chance to travel. Thanks for reading!! - Nicole