alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Festival Season Tips!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ship chapter.

It’s my favorite time of year! That’s right; festival season! :) Not only is the music incredible, but the fashion is insane! It’s been my dream to go to Coachella for the past few years (still crossing my fingers for that one!). But, if you’re like me, you don’t have to miss out on festival season just because you can’t go to Coachella. Check out this list of music festivals located in Pennsylvania!

But, if you’re still itching to travel, check out Sasquatch music festival in Washington State and Hangout Fest in Alabama. Firefly, Governor’s Ball, Bonnaroo, and Warped Tour are all great festivals to check out as well; especially since Warped Tour makes multiple stops.

Once you’ve found your favorite festival to attend, the next step is securing a bangin’ wardrobe! 2017 festival trends predict overalls, cut off-shorts, lots of lace, maxi dresses; and loose flowing clothing with booties and lots of layers. Crop tops and chokers will become your besties. And, don’t forget your flower crown! It’ll be the main staple of your wardrobe! You can find an easy DIY tutorial on Pinterest.

Have fun! Live in the moment! Grab your friends and post pictures! We can’t wait to see which festivals you’re heading to and which festival trends your wardrobe will consist of! 

Nicole is a 2015 graduate from Shippensburg University with a Bachelor's Degree in Interdisciplinary Arts. Her areas of study include: communication journalism, music, and creative writing. She is currently living in North Carolina with her boyfriend, who is a second lieutenant in the United States Army. Nicole is a fashionista with a love for coffee, sweet tea, and puppies.