Best Stores for Plus Size Girls

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ship chapter.

Shopping with your girls is always a bittersweet struggle when you’re a plus size girl. Walking into H&M and Victoria’s Secret, awkwardly pacing up and down the aisles pretending you’re interested in the products. This has always been a struggle for me, and finally (after SO many years) there are some amazing stores that are plus size friendly!

Torrid

One of the first plus size brands to come out, Torrid has been one of my all-time favorites for a few years now. The clothes are always in style, the jeans always fit, and the staff is always extremely friendly. The only downside is that it is a little over priced, but if you are ever looking to treat yourself to come nice clothing, Torrid is definitely the place!

Target

Surprising, right? Target is my first stop for clothing, always having cheap items that last me years. Their brands always fit, and their plus size section is huge. Plus, if you have a Target Red Card, you can save 5% (it’s not much, but money is money, right?)

Forever 21

Forever 21 is the shop you AND your friends can go too, with the regular sizes on one side of the store, and the plus sizes on the other. The clothing is a bit cheap for the price, but it never hurts to give it a try. Forever 21 also has cute holographic stuff, so you can’t complain about that. 

Biographies are always the worst to write, because if you glamorize yourself, you're considered vain. If you talk too little about yourself, it doesn't satisfy the readers needs. My name is Rachel. I enjoy long walks on the beach, candle lit dinners, and a romantic movie on Netflix. Kidding. I've been writing short stories and poems ever since I can remember, so to say that I enjoy writing is an understatement. I am so thankful to be apart of HerCampus and all the amazing opportunities coming up!