5 Signs You Are OBSESSED With Ship

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ship chapter.

College is great, especially when you really love where you go.  Sometimes our schools don’t work out and we transfer or drop out. This is the horror story that we all dreaded when committing to our respective colleges or universities. We hoped we would get a long with our roommates, boost our GPAs and graduate at the top of our class. Achieving all of these wonderful things in college definitely has something to do with loving where you go.

Here are some signs that you are in love with Ship a little more than everyone else:

1. You go to put on a t-shirt for the gym and you suddenly realize the majority of your shirts have “SHIP HAPPENS” proudly on the front. 

2. When talking about Ship with other people you sometimes find yourself promoting it, like, so much that the orientation team should probably hire you for tours. 

3. Nearing your senior year you find yourself become overly nostalgic when discussing your Ship exploits. You can recall every detail about that one time you and your freshman roommate pulled an all-nighter eating Pizza Man and binge-watching “One Tree Hill”.

4. When you talk to people who don’t go to Ship you find yourself arguing with them about how they chose the wrong school. Or if you’re shy, you may argue in you head and then go home and relay these people’s stupid decisions to your roommates.

5. You seriously want your children to attend Ship. Either because you truly believe the academics are incredible or just because you want an excuse to visit your alma mater more often than necessary.   

I am currently a senior attending Shippensburg University where I am a Communication/Journalism major and an English minor. My roommates and I are living our senior year to the fullest and stirring up trouble on campus! I am a realist, a feminist (not the extreme type), a shoe lover, and a beauty blogger. My drink of choice at the bar is cranberry and vodka and it has been said that I am some what of a coffee addict. I love writing and photography and was able to put these talents to use at my internship this past summer with Susquehanna Style Magazine. I am also the Editor-in-Chief of my campus's student run newspaper, The Slate. All in all, I love fun times, friends and fashion. Let me know what you think of my articles! Much love, XOXO
Sarah is the founding editor of Her Campus Ship. She graduated in May 2015 with a B.A. in communication/journalism and a minor in international studies. During her undergrad career she completed a fashion internship at Girls' Life magazine and an editorial internship at Redbook magazine. After graduation, she is headed to Istanbul and Venice to write about food and culture as an intern in iei Media's foreign reporting program. Upon returning to the states, she plans on pursuing a career in publishing.