Why Blogging Is For Everyone

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SFU chapter.

In this day and age, it can oftentimes feel as though much of what we do is Internet-based; nobody seems to relieve stress in traditional ways such as journaling or reading a book like they used to. Most people seem to spend their downtime ‘de-stressing’ by scrolling social media feeds, but in reality, this can actually make us even more stressed! The solution? Start a blog – no matter what your interests! Here’s a few reasons why you should seriously consider it.

Creative Expression

A lot of the time, people associate blogging with content like travel, cooking, and fashion. While these areas are all well and good, the world of blogging is endless! No matter what your interests, blogging is the perfect outlet for your thoughts and feelings regarding any topic or issue; put yourself out there!

Meet Likeminded People

Depending on the type of blog you choose to pursue, you will begin to find and connect with people who share the same ideas or are interested in similar things. It’s the perfect way to interact and discuss things that actually interest you!

Stress-Reliever

Take a break from scrolling your Instagram, FaceBook, SnapChat (and the list goes on). Stop investing all of your time comparing yourself to what other people are up to and take time to yourself to indulge in your interests without anyone else’s input to sway you. Your blog is authentically yours.

Self-Improvement

Last, but certainly not least, I find blogging to be one of the most powerful outlets for self-improvement. Starting from scratch can be a tad daunting at times, but even if it is simply in your writing, creative and critical thoughts, if you stick with it, you will begin to see improvements in yourself throughout your blogging journey.

Leigh is a 3rd year Communications major at Simon Fraser University. In her spare time she enjoys playing soccer, photography, and blogging. You can check her out further on Instagram, @itsavioletworld .