Roll Up the Rim to Pay It Forward

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SFU chapter.

Don’t you find when walking down the streets of Vancouver that the homeless community can sometimes be overwhelming? At times, it can be difficult to find a way to help them out – or maybe you simply can’t decide how to properly show your appreciation for a loved one on a student’s budget. Maybe, a free doughnut from Tim Hortons just isn’t in-line with your New Year’s Resolution fitness goals, if you’re still going strong (unlike me). Take advantage of our beloved Tim’s Roll Up the Rim promotion for the better!

Random Act of Kindness – Have you ever been at a drive-through and had the person in front of you pay for your meal? Sometimes, being on a student budget it can be difficult to pay it forward further than by simply smiling at a stranger. Well, the next time you find yourself at a Tim’s drive-through window, consider using your free coffee or doughnut tab to cover the person behind you! You are guaranteed to feel great about it all day.

Help Those in Need – There is oftentimes a widespread discomfort surrounding the idea of giving the homeless community money. Whether it be due to the fact that we are unsure what they are going to spend the money on or whatever the reason, food and a warm drink is always a perfect substitute. So use your tab to score them a hot snack for no cost at all!

Show Your Appreciation – Is there somebody in your life who deserves a little recognition and appreciation? Collect all of your win tabs and put them together to make for a cute little gift for that special somebody – perfect for those of us on a budget. Sure, it’s the thought that counts, but who doesn’t love free coffee? 

Leigh is a 3rd year Communications major at Simon Fraser University. In her spare time she enjoys playing soccer, photography, and blogging. You can check her out further on Instagram, @itsavioletworld .