Quick, Easy, Healthy, VEGAN Lunch Ideas for 2018

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SFU chapter.

Veggies and Hummus

Grab whatever veggies you want for that day and chop them up! Some suggestions are baby carrots, bell peppers, cucumbers, celery. If you want some carbs in there too, bring some whole wheat crackers! In another container scoop in 1-2 tablespoons of hummus and head off to class!

Salad Rolls Ingredients:

10 Rice papers

¼ package Smoked Tofu

½ cup Lettuce leaves

¼ shredded Carrots

1 Avocado

Slice the rest of the ingredients into thin, 2-3inch long strips

Follow the instructions to soften the rice paper. Tip: Do them one at a time to avoid them getting too soft during assembly!

Add the strips of lettuce, Tofu, Carrots and Avocado and roll up like a burrito! For added flavour, bring sweet chili sauce for dipping!

Tip: this recipe is great for meal prepping. Make 10 on Sunday night and you’ll have enough for the entire week!

Quinoa Salad Ingredients:

1 cup of Quinoa

2 leaves of Kale

¼ cup of Edamame beans

¼ package of extra-firm Tofu

1 large Carrot

½ a Bell pepper

½ cup of Corn

2-4 tbsp. Salad dressing of your choice (depending on your preference

Cook your quinoa as directed on the package (Tip: for extra flavour sub half of the water with vegetable stock). Let it cool

Cut tofu into small squares and fry in a pan with a bit of oil and flavour how you like. One suggestion is garlic powder and cumin! Pat excess oil off of the tofu.

Chop all your veggies into pieces about the same size as your tofu.

Combine all ingredients together in a large bowl.

Right before you leave for class, add a bit of salad dressing!

Zoodles with protein-packed red sauce ingredients:

1 large zucchini

Low-sodium tomato sauce

½ package of extra-firm tofu

½ can Black beans

½ can Chickpeas

Sprinkle Oregano

1 Clove of Garlic

Pinch of Salt

Pinch of Pepper

Using a spiralizer, turn that zucchini into spaghetti shape. Heat a pan with 1 Tbsp of oil and a clove of chopped garlic. Fry for 3-5 minutes until the zoodles are tender.

Take your tofu and mash it with a fork until it resembles scrambled eggs. Add a bit of oil in a pan and fry tofu over medium heat for 5 mins, stirring often. Add your red sauce, chickpeas and beans and stir until it is combined, hot and the beans are soft.

Add spices such as oregano, salt, pepper and garlic powder.

Add your cooked zoodles to the sauce and enjoy!

Hi! I'm a second year in Communications student minoring in Publishing at SFU! So far, i've loved very moment of my time at SFU! I have a strong passion for writing and expanding my knowledge of the world. If you want to find more of my writing, feel free to check out my personal blog: https://sophiecummingss.wordpress.com/
Hi, I'm Lynsey! I am a 20 something full-time Communications student at SFU, the past PR/Marketing Director of HC SFU, and current Campus Correspondent. I am also an avid literature lover, coffee consumer, and aspiring PR professional who is still fairly new to the city, as my roots are deep in the West Kootenays.  Follow me on Instagram @lynseygray, to get to know me better at lynseygray.ca, or connect with me on LinkedIn https://ca.linkedin.com/in/lynsey-gray-088755aa