Netflix Introduces a Game Changer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SFU chapter.

This is it. Netflix has finally answered all our binge-watching, endless hours of not sleeping/avoiding responsibilities prayers by finally introducing offline streaming. To all movie-lovers and show addicts, this is honestly a dream come true.

In order to stream offline, you can now simply click the download button on the details page and you will be able to watch your favourite show or movie, wherever you go. Currently mid-episode in a Stranger Things episode but have a plane to catch? No problem, Netflix is here to save the day. 

According to Eddie Wu, Director of Product Innovation on Netflix’s company blog, a variety of shows are already available for download – including Orange is The New Black, Narcos, and The Crown.

So the next time your Wi-Fi cuts out at home, or you’re on your way out to take the transit for school, be sure to download that Narcos episode or Bridesmaids in advance to enjoy on your commute. After all, catching up on Netflix is always a good break on the bus from studying, right?

Thank YOU, Netflix!

Image Source

Terri is currently a fourth-year Communication major at Simon Fraser University and Campus Correspondent for Her Campus SFU. Hailing from Hong Kong and raised in Vancouver, she has grown to love the outdoors and mountains of BC. Her favourite pastimes are reading historical fiction, hiking, lying on the beach drinking mojitos and attempting to snowboard. You can get to know her more on Instagram and Twitter at @terriling.