My Current Favourite Trends

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SFU chapter.

Being in fourth year, life has been a little hectic lately, but today I just wanted to kick things off with a light little post discussing some of my favourite trends recently. Be sure to hit up the email subscription tab down below!

The Trend – Small/Micro Sunglasses

Ever since Bella and Gigi Hadid coined this retro style a few months back, I’m definitely not alone is obsessing over the look. The tinier the frame, the more on trend the look and I am totally okay with this one! Although I’ll be the first to admit that they aren’t necessarily the most practical thing – will anyone actually be rocking these at the beach?? – I think for the spring season they are the perfect finishing piece to just about any look.

The Trend – Colourful/Statement Trousers                                                          

Trousers, in general, are a pretty new thing for me; I’ve only really gotten into them within the last 6 months or so but since then, there’s been no going back. What started with a love for neutral grey, black, and nude pants has now progressed across the entire colour spectrum. I have quite the love for statement pieces like these blush and red trousers, and can honestly say that I would obsess over trousers in any colour – yes this means I am dying to get my hands on a pair in yellow, orange, green, or really any colour… These statements pieces (when in the right shade of course) are something that I think can be easily downplayed by what they are matched with and I am completely here for it!

FASHION

CURRENT FAVOURITE TRENDS

Posted on March 7, 2018

Two months later and I am FINALLY back with another post! Being in fourth year, life has been a little hectic lately, but today I just wanted to kick things off with a light little post discussing some of my favourite trends recently. Be sure to hit up the email subscription tab down below! ♡

The Trend – Small/Micro Sunglasses

Trousers in general are a pretty new thing for me; I’ve only really gotten into them within the last 6 months or so but since then, there’s been no going back. What started with a love for neutral grey, black, and nude pants has now progressed across the entire colour spectrum. I have quite the love for statement pieces like these blush and red trousers, and can honestly say that I would obsess over trousers in any colour – yes this means I am dying to get my hands on a pair in yellow, orange, green, or really any colour… These statements pieces (when in the right shade of course) are something that I think can be easily downplayed by what they are matched with and I am completely here for it!

The Trend – AcrossBody/Structured Bags

There is probably nobody happier than me to wave goodbye to the oversized tote trend: goodbye bulk, impracticality, and shoulder pain! I am welcoming with open arms the new mini bag trend with the added comfort of slinging them right across your body with a shortened strap. Everything is in reach, your back doesn’t hurt, and it works as the perfect add-on accessory to any look to give it a more casual flare. This first bag (courtesy of BooHoo) is by far my favourite as its boxy shape allows for me to cram in all of my necessities while its small size makes for the perfect across body outfit piece… And while this second bag may not be as practical as the first, you can’t deny those hoop handles make for the perfect added statement! (This amazing studded backpack is an added bonus because it is so uniquely decorated – plus it’s comfy.. win-win!)

See more of Leigh’s LookBook’s on her personal blog: click here!
Leigh is a 3rd year Communications major at Simon Fraser University. In her spare time she enjoys playing soccer, photography, and blogging. You can check her out further on Instagram, @itsavioletworld .
Hi, I'm Lynsey! I am a 20 something full-time Communications student at SFU, the past PR/Marketing Director of HC SFU, and current Campus Correspondent. I am also an avid literature lover, coffee consumer, and aspiring PR professional who is still fairly new to the city, as my roots are deep in the West Kootenays.  Follow me on Instagram @lynseygray, to get to know me better at lynseygray.ca, or connect with me on LinkedIn https://ca.linkedin.com/in/lynsey-gray-088755aa