Maybelline Just Doubled its Shade Range

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SFU chapter.

Maybelline recently introduced 6 new shade to both of their Instant Age Rewind and Fit Me concealers, doubling the size of each shade range. Up until now, the only colours available for both concealers were not very diverse at all. The original shade range for the Instant Age Rewind concealer only had the colours of Fair, Light, Medium, Neutralizer and Brightener, which were even not close to accommodating darker skin tones. Similarly, the first Fit Me shades available in Light, Fair, Sand, Medium, Café and Deep, which only had two shades that were catered to dark shade range. But now five of the six new shades for the both the Instant Age Rewind and the Fit Me concealer are more suitable for darker skin tones. Fit Me concealer now includes Coco, Hazelnut, Tan, Caramel, and Ivory, and the shades of Sand, Golden, Caramel, Tan, Hazelnut, and Ivory have been added to the Instant Rewind concealer.

The Fit Me and Instant Age Renew concealers are both highly praised within the beauty community. Fit Me is oil and wax free with buildable, matte coverage. Also, its doe-foot applicator gives you a lot of control, plus it’s a $10 dupe for the Nars Radiant Concealer. The Instant Age Rewind is a great concealer for dark circles, it’s infused with goji berry and has a micro-corrector applicator to help create an airbrushed radiant, finish and hide fine lines.

12 shades don’t make up the biggest range ever, and there’s definitely room for a few more undertones and deeper shades, but overall it’s a step forward in terms of inclusivity in the beauty industry, especially for drugstore makeup. Shopping for an affordable product that matches your skin tone can be very difficult for WOC, myself included. So this expansion super great news for any WOC who has been wanting to try these high quality, affordable concealer that really work.

Hi, I'm Lynsey! I am a 20 something full-time Communications student at SFU, the past PR/Marketing Director of HC SFU, and current Campus Correspondent. I am also an avid literature lover, coffee consumer, and aspiring PR professional who is still fairly new to the city, as my roots are deep in the West Kootenays.  Follow me on Instagram @lynseygray, to get to know me better at lynseygray.ca, or connect with me on LinkedIn https://ca.linkedin.com/in/lynsey-gray-088755aa