Jana Ghimire

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SFU chapter.

Jana Ghimire never seems to slow down. She is always working and always thinking, forming opinions and joining in conversations. Jana’s latest project is helping curate the artwork for the launch party of Lotusland Magazine’s first printed issue.

Here is my interview with Jana for this week’s SFU campus profile.

The basics

Name: Jana Ghimire
Year: 2nd
Major: Visual Art
Hometown: North Vancouver
Relationship status: Satisfied

Something you might not guess about me at first sight:
I actively follow high fashion and makeup aesthetics; always have and always will. They’re an art form in their own right and I’m fascinated by the ways we tell stories through our appearance. But when it comes to myself, I’m often too lazy or impatient to take the time to dress up every day. 

Something that would be easy to guess about me at first sight:
I’ve definitely got a big grin and bubbly personality. It’s true that I love being a friendly face for others, and I’m pretty sure that shows.

Something I learned this year:
Neroli oil is a natural serotonin booster! It’s good stuff.

Something I learned about myself this year:
It’s important not to overextend yourself time-wise. That never works out for anyone in the long run, and sometimes it’s better to just say “no” instead of “maybe.” I want to be able to fully commit to the projects that I do sign up for. 

To learn more about Lotusland Magazine’s launch party, you can visit the Facebook event page. You can follow Jana on Instagram at @jana_ghi.

Taylor is a fourth year undergraduate student at Simon Fraser University. She is acquiring her BA, with a major in World Literature and an extended minor in Visual Arts, while currently residing in Surrey, British Columbia.