How to Stay Awake Without Coffee

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SFU chapter.

While coffee can be good in a pinch, it often leaves people feeling jittery, dehydrated or simply doesn’t wake them up! So, here are some ways to keep that skip in our step without the coffee.

1. Green Tea

Matcha provides you with a huge boost of energy, along with detoxifying elements. This way, you’ll feel energized and your body will be happy.

2. Get more sleep at night

One reason you might be feeling tired is that you don’t get enough sleep. Try to aim for 8 hours every night to maintain a healthy sleep schedule.

3. Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables.

Eating unhealthy food like chips, donuts and other deep-fried foods and leave you feeling sluggish. When you eat healthily, you feel healthy and are more likely to be able to stay awake!

4. Take strategic naps

Sleeping for too long can make you feel even more tired than when you went to bed.

5. Energy drinks

These are the last resort. They may still make people jittery but some people find that they work better than coffee. Beware of the caffeine crash afterwards.

Hi! I'm a second year in Communications student minoring in Publishing at SFU! So far, i've loved very moment of my time at SFU! I have a strong passion for writing and expanding my knowledge of the world. If you want to find more of my writing, feel free to check out my personal blog: https://sophiecummingss.wordpress.com/
Hi, I'm Lynsey! I am a 20 something full-time Communications student at SFU, the past PR/Marketing Director of HC SFU, and current Campus Correspondent. I am also an avid literature lover, coffee consumer, and aspiring PR professional who is still fairly new to the city, as my roots are deep in the West Kootenays.  Follow me on Instagram @lynseygray, to get to know me better at lynseygray.ca, or connect with me on LinkedIn https://ca.linkedin.com/in/lynsey-gray-088755aa