Life > Experiences

Here is everything you missed at Fully Booked with Her Campus at SFU’s Second Meeting

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SFU chapter.

Do you know anymore about love after reading everything I know about love further?

Last week, we had the second meeting of our book club and here is everything you missed.

Would you ever live with your best friends? The results from our meeting are overwhelming no. Some say that moving in with your friends is the easiest and fastest way to ruin a friendship. For Dolly, it seemed to work out well and she had a great time, but who knows what really went on for the majority of the time and what is next to come in the book. Some problems we discussed about living with friends is that you really get to see their true colours, whether they’re messy or noisey, or simply plain annoying. Some members shared that they have true horror stories from moving into apartments with their friends and yikes, it really made me appreciate living at home.

From there the conversation drifted to being the third wheel. It’s a challenge when your best friend gets into a serious relationship. Dolly struggles a lot when her best friend Farly gets into a serious relationship, despite the fact that she was the one who introduced them to each other in the first place. Members of the meeting all shared experiences of being the third wheel or having a friend become a third wheel and the difficulties surrounded by that. 

Lastly, a member asked if we would be friends with Dolly in real life. For me, I think she would be a fun friend to have, but I’m not sure how reliable of a friend she would be in tough times. Also, from the stories we have heard so far, she seems to cause a little bit of trouble and needs friends to bail her out sometimes. But, on the brighter side, she is definitely the friend that would take you out of your comfort zone! What are your thoughts?

As always, please feel free to join us at the next meeting on November 23rd at 6pm via zoom. All you need to bring is yourself and have read up to chapter “Tottenham Court Road and Ordering Shit Off Amazon”. 

See you there!

Kiara is an International Studies major concentrating in International Security and Conflict with a minor in Labour Studies at Simon Fraser University.