This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SFU chapter.

Since we all have been living our lives at home and have constant boredom on our hands, we always need to find something new to do. For me, I have spent all my time watching every reality TV show available in Canada. What can I say? Reality TV can be addicting! Many of the shows can be a waste of time, but don’t worry! I have compiled a list of must watch reality TV shows to cure your quarantine boredom. 

Without further ado, here is Kiara’s guide to reality TV.

TLC’s ’90 Day Fiance’

Hands down, the best reality television show in the world is TLC’s ‘90 Day Fiance’ and the millions of spin-off shows from this series. The show revolves around Americans in their pursuit of love with their foreign fiances. There is nothing more crazy and dramatic like this show. You honestly never know what you’re going to get and I am obsessed.

Tip: The spin-off ‘The Other Way’ is one of the most dramatic shows you’ll ever watch in your life as it follows the Americans moving to their beloved’s home country. 

Netflix’s ‘The Circle’

Now, this has to be one of the most addicting shows on this list. ‘The Circle’ is a reality game show that is centered on people playing an influencer game. So, imagine if instagram popularity was a game with a 100,000 dollar prize, that’s basically ‘The Circle.’ From catfishes to crybabies, this show has it all!

Bravo’s ‘The Real Housewives’

‘The Real Housewives’ franchise showcases the lives of fabulously wealthy American women living their lives while fighting about random things. If you’re lacking drama in your life and you miss it, just watch a season of ‘The Real Housewives’ and you’ll be fulfilled. There honestly is much substance to the shows, but they’re entertaining to say the least. 

My favourite series of ‘The Real Housewives’ is definitely the iconic ‘The Real Housewives of New Jersey’. 

MTV’s ‘Jersey Shore’

Jersey Shore was a cultural reset. One of the best shows to come out the 2010’s was for sure Jersey Shore. To this day, people are still quoting the show, so you need to watch it! Jersey Shore follows young adults in New Jersey living their crazy party lives. This show oozes toxicity, but that makes it all the more entertaining. If you want some 2010 nostalgia, this show is for you.

TLC’s ‘Welcome to Plathville’

Honestly, I cannot describe this show, but I would say it is the representation of what a family from the 1960’s would act like if they time travelled to 2020. The Plath’s live a very secluded life that lacks the likes of the internet, music, and basically everything that normal people have and do nowadays. 

Although this show is ultra intriguing to watch, it provokes some sad feelings as the family deals with a lot of trauma throughout the series. If you’re bored and need something to watch, ‘Welcome to Plathville’ does not disappoint.

Congratulations! You are now prepared to take on the world of reality TV. Good luck with curing your boredom and enjoy these shows!

Kiara is an International Studies major concentrating in International Security and Conflict with a minor in Labour Studies at Simon Fraser University.
Abigail is a third-year International Studies major and Communications minor at Simon Fraser University. She is very passionate about learning more about the world around her and aspires to pursue journalism in the future. In her spare time, she is an avid Netflix lover, ice cream enthusiast, and BTS fangirl.