Darby-Marie Henshaw

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SFU chapter.

Darby-Marie Henshaw. There really are no words to describe her, but I will try. She is as crazy, energetic, and insane as they come. She’s loud, proud, and unabashedly herself. She is a country gal at heart but also a powerful and hot city girl who is always the life of the party.

Hometown: North Delta

Year/Major: 3rd Year Criminology  

Describe yourself in 3 words:

“Outgoing. Adventurous. Country.”

Biggest Fear:

Heights. (I’m a wimp!)”

Favorite movie:

Sweet Home Alabama”

Latest celebrity crush?

I’m a huge Vancouver Canucks fan, so I’d have to say Bo Horvat.”

Favorite love song and why?

Cop Car by Keith Urban. It’s about taking chances with love and being adventurous, while not caring what others think. Melts my heart a little.”

The most embarrassing thing that’s ever happened to you:

“I was warming up my truck and a really good song was on JRFM, so, naturally, I was singing along to it. I decided to Snapchat myself dancing and singing along to the song blasting, but little did I know my neighbour was knocking on my window trying to get my attention. He was locked out of his house. So embarrassing… But no regrets!”

How did you choose your major/minor?

I’ve always been interested in crime shows and documentaries about criminals, so that sparked my interest to learn more about why criminals do what they do.”

Toughest part of University life and why?

Having good looking TAs. Why? I can’t concentrate on my grades when McDreamy is on the loose.”

Quick! In five years you are…

Traveling. I hope to backpack Europe, or even volunteer in Mexico to teach children. All I know is that wherever I’ll be, I’ll have a smile on my face.”

Your ideal Valentine’s Day would be…

Going to a country concert. Oh wait… I’m doing that this year! Brad Paisley will be my Valentine.”

The most romantic thing anyone has ever done for you?

Hmm. I got picked up via ATV and went ATV-ing on a farm. It was a blast! We picked raspberries and talked all day long. For me, simplicity is romantic.”

The most romantic thing you have ever done for someone?

I made a peanut butter pie and I took them to the airport to watch the planes come in. This sounds cheesy, but isn’t food the way to your heart?”

Last, but not least; Candy Conversation Hearts, or Red Cinnamon Hearts?

Candy Conversation Hearts obviously! Those things answered all of my questions about my crushes in elementary school.”

See what I mean? Take her to a Canucks game and she will cheer the loudest (even as we lose). Talk your heart out and she will give you her full attention and sympathy (as long as there is beer). Come up with the craziest idea you can think of and she will do it with you, no questions asked—So, skydiving, anyone?

Balroop is an English Major with Humanities and History minors. She thrives on coffee, coke, and chocolate. She has proclaimed herself the "Queen of Procrastination". Perpetually stranded on a blueberry farm, she has developed an undying love for Netflix.
Deborah is an English major and Linguistics minor with a mild Peter Pan complex. She is an avid tea-drinker and shower singer whose favourite pastime is napping. Her goal in life is to one day touch Harry Styles's hair.