Black Panther: My Favourite Moments

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SFU chapter.

Favourite Scenes from Black Panther

Black Panther premiered on February 16, 2018 and it has been breaking box office records ever since as it should. My excitement peaked for this movie ever since I heard about it and saw the trailer. I must admit, I’m not a regular Marvel movie patron; I’m more of a Nicholas Sparks kind of girl. Nonetheless, what this movie represented for the culture, it had driven me further to its premiere. As expected, it did not disappoint one bit and there were so many great scenes within this cinematic greatness. I could easily say that every scene with Chadwick Boseman and Michael B. Jordan were by far my favourite. However, for a bit more scope, let’s delve into some of the most mind-blowing scenes.

CAUTION: Spoiler Alert!

Actually, if you haven’t watched it yet, I’m giving you a side eye.

The Casino Fight scene

The character, Okoye played by Danai Gurira, is everything I want to be in life! When she took off her wig and took out her spear, I was like where can I sign up to join the Dora Milaje tribe?

The Battle Scene

Easily one of the most cinematically beautiful scenes in the movie. The colours, the music and the energy were amazingly beautiful. The African culture was outstandingly showcased in this scene through the clothing and dances.

The Car Chase

Wow, that flip!

Shuri’s Lab scene

I was in awe of Shuri’s talent and brilliance. I foresee this character assisting in gearing a young girl’s love and passion for science.

All and all, great film! Let us know your favourite scenes.

Wakanda Forever!

Monique Leslie is a communications student at SFU. She has a passion and appreciation for music, eating and just good conversation. She hopes to in the future have a career in journalism and digital marketing. Follow her on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/itsmonaexo/
Hi, I'm Lynsey! I am a 20 something full-time Communications student at SFU, the past PR/Marketing Director of HC SFU, and current Campus Correspondent. I am also an avid literature lover, coffee consumer, and aspiring PR professional who is still fairly new to the city, as my roots are deep in the West Kootenays.  Follow me on Instagram @lynseygray, to get to know me better at lynseygray.ca, or connect with me on LinkedIn https://ca.linkedin.com/in/lynsey-gray-088755aa