This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SFU chapter.

It’s time to pull out your knee high boots and knitted sweaters (if you haven’t already!) since September 22nd marked the first day of fall! Oh, how fall brings out many aromas, gorgeous colors, and the oh-so-coveted holiday drinks at Starbucks. Here are 7 signs that fall is in full swing:

1. Pumpkin Spiced Everything

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I’m sure many of you have already sipped on the infamous PSL since its debut, BUT, Starbucks isn’t the only spot to get your pumpkin fix. There are pumpkin muffins, tea, donuts, and scented candles. Take your pick because, well…the list goes on and on!

2. The Leaves are Changing

The transition from summer to autumn brings about a lovely change in scenery. There’s something very therapeutic about looking at transitioning leaves, as they change from green, to orange or red before falling to the ground. Don’t be afraid to go walk around on campus and take advantage of the trees as a backdrop or focus for some awesome photos. 

3. Sweater Weather

As the temperature cools down and there’s a chill through the air, it’s time to swap out your summer wardrobe for your autumn attire. I don’t know about you, but there’s no better indication that fall is in the air than being able to sport your favorite chunky knit sweaters, knee high boots, and tie it together with a cozy blanket scarf. Look! You’ve got yourself an OOTD for the whole season!

4. Holiday Season Begins

I wouldn’t be surprised if some of our festive readers have already picked out their Halloween costumes for this year. Halloween decorations, candy, and costumes have officially hit the shelves. Not so far behind, pumpkin pies, turkeys, and stuffing are taking over advertisements. Before you know it, you’ll be seeing Christmas decorations popping up left and right!

5. So Does Flu Season… 

It’s time to pull out those tissue boxes. You may have noticed the little sniffles and coughs that seem to have a ripple effect during lecture. The cooler days mixed with back-to-school season creates the perfect environment for germs to spread and immune systems to drop. Make sure you layer up, and are keeping clean to prevent the spread of germs. 

6. Darker Evenings

If you’ve been feeling like there’s not as much time in the day, you may be onto something. Fall marks the beginning of shorter days. In just a few short weeks, our clocks will be literally falling back in time as daylight savings begins. Until then, you may notice that the sun is rising later and setting later. 

7. Autumn Activities

The desire to participate in fall activities has officially struck me! Take advantage of the mild season and go apple picking, visit the pumpkin patch, or even attend Fright Night at the PNE. One of my best memories from last year was attending a pumpkin carving party with a great group of friends. Girl chat, plus sipping on fresh apple cider makes for a great and original hang out sesh.

Let us know what you’re looking forward to this fall! Follow us on our social media (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest) sites so you can share your ideas with us!

Samantha is a fourth-year student at, Simon Fraser University, pursuing a double major in political science and communication. When not keeping up with what's new in pop culture, Samantha can often be found sipping on Starbucks drinks, or enjoying one-too-many YouTube videos. Aside from writing for Her Campus, Samantha's passion for fashion, fitness, and nutrition is what keeps her going through the week. She's self-motivated, friendly, and never turns down a cup of tea and a nice chat!