This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SFU chapter.

Winter is in full swing and let’s face it; the pesky cold weather can bring about some pretty unfortunate beauty woes. Dry skin, frizzy hair, chapped lips? No worries, we’ve got you covered! Check out some of these hydration-boosting products to help you survive the chilly winter months.

Hand cream – L’Occitanne shea butter hand cream

The dry winter weather can do a number on our hands. Luckily for you L’Occitanne’s shea butter hand cream is the Michael Jackson of all hand creams. It is highly concentrated in shea butter, quick absorbing and will leave your hands nourished and insanely smooth. 

Conditioner – Garnier Whole Blends Legendary Olive Conditioner 

In the words of Elle Woods, “the rules of hair care are simple and finite.” Choosing the right conditioner that will protect your hair from becoming brittle and damaged in the winter can be difficult. Garnier’s whole blends legendary olive conditioner is a creamy blend that works to help restore softness and shine to your hair without breaking your bank account. It’s made from virgin-pressed olive oil and is gentle enough for everyday use.

Leave in Conditioner – Moroccanoil Treatment 

I’ve been using this product for four years and let me tell you, it’s a game changer. For flexible, beautiful strands it’s essential to use a good leave-in conditioner or oil. This oil helps repair damaged, or dry ends detangle even the most stubborn knots, tames frizz, and it smells unreal. It can also be used for styling and finishing. 

Face Moisturizer – OLEHENRIKSEN Nurture Me Moisturizing Crème 

This everyday face moisturizer is perfect for sensitive and dry skin. It is a rich blend containing vitamins A, C and E as well as sunflower and rosehip fruit oils that combat dryness and redness. Its light citrus scent will help you feel rejuvenated and prepared for the day. 

Lip Balm – Fresh Sugar Lip Caramel Hydrating Balm  

Treat your lips with some sugar this winter. With a delicious caramel scent and flavour, this hydrating lip balm from Fresh will lock in moisture and give your lips a beautiful glow with its subtle honey pink tint and shine. You can also use this baby as an overnight lip repair/care treatment. 

Saje peppermint halo 

Ok, I know this isn’t technically a hydrating product, but for those of you with long school or work days this essential oil roller ball will help boost concentration, alleviate stress and keep you headache-free. Just roll the oil around your hairline, behind your ears or anywhere really and breathe in the beautiful blend of peppermint, lavender and eucalyptus. I have been loving this product lately and had to share it with you guys! 

Hi, I'm Lynsey! I am a 20 something full-time Communications student at SFU, the past PR/Marketing Director of HC SFU, and current Campus Correspondent. I am also an avid literature lover, coffee consumer, and aspiring PR professional who is still fairly new to the city, as my roots are deep in the West Kootenays.  Follow me on Instagram @lynseygray, to get to know me better at lynseygray.ca, or connect with me on LinkedIn https://ca.linkedin.com/in/lynsey-gray-088755aa