5 Essential Dessert Spots in Vancouver

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SFU chapter.

December is finally here! This means high stress and endless studying. As maintaining a decent GPA is important, everyone still deserves to have a break and enjoy a nice sweet snack to re-energize and relax. Sometimes all a girl needs are something sweet in her system and some good company! Check out these 5 popular food spots located in our beautiful Vancouver!

#1. 49th Parallel Coffee

If you’re looking for a spot to study or just a place to hang out with friends, 49th Parallel Coffee is the perfect café for you and your girls. Once you have a taste of these flavourful, moist donuts, you’ll find yourself coming back for more!

#2. Ladurée

These macarons are by far the BEST macarons I’ve ever tried. There are numerous options to choose from and the overall atmosphere is very welcoming. So what are you waiting for? Grab your girls and enjoy a sweet snack to start off the holiday season!

#3. Cartems Donuterie

This spot is perfect for those who go to SFU Harbour Centre. If you’re looking for a quick snack to satisfy your sweet tooth in between classes, Cartems is definitely the place to go. There are many donuts to choose from and also carry gluten free donut options!

#4. Nero Belgian Waffles

Who doesn’t like waffles? From savoury to sweet, Nero Belgian Waffles has many options to satisfy everyone! If you are on Robson street and are looking for a spot to have a catch up session with your main group of friends, this is the place for you. Nero is opening a new location in Vancouver soon so stay tuned!

#5. Bel Café

Sometimes all we need is a cup of coffee to keep us from falling asleep in class. One of my personal favourites is the latté from Bel Café. If you’re trying to keep away from the sweets, this will definitely quickly satisfy your craving.

Chelsea is a second- year Communications major, Publishing minor student at Simon Fraser University who has an interest in the Public Relations/ Marketing/ Communications field. When she is not studying or in class, she is most likely working or volunteering at school or around the community. She loves creating strong relationships with those she works with.. maybe a little too much! Always striving to succeed and constantly finding ways to improve herself through new experiences. Learn more about her on instagram: chelseabengco
Terri is currently a fourth-year Communication major at Simon Fraser University and Campus Correspondent for Her Campus SFU. Hailing from Hong Kong and raised in Vancouver, she has grown to love the outdoors and mountains of BC. Her favourite pastimes are reading historical fiction, hiking, lying on the beach drinking mojitos and attempting to snowboard. You can get to know her more on Instagram and Twitter at @terriling.