5 Aesthetically Pleasing Cafes in Vancouver

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SFU chapter.

Vancouver’s food scene has got you covered if you want to study, eat or take a cute Instagram. Our city is sprinkled with aesthetically pleasing gems that offer the basic tools necessary for THE perfect Instagram photo. These are the 5 most popular eateries that are showing up all over social media. It also helps that the food and drinks are excellent!

1. Le Marche St. George

A friendly and welcoming neighborhood café and corner store. One of Vancouver’s most popular hidden gems. They offer an array of caffeinated beverages, pastries, homemade crepes and quiches as well as local produce and products (ie. Earnest ice cream pints).  The marble tables and antique dishes are just few of the many aesthetic wonders of this go-to spot.

(Courtesy: Georgia Straight)

2. Butter Baked Goods

Another neighborhood favorite, serving cookies, cakes and pies as well as a light breakfast and lunch fare. This cafe captures the essence of a girly girls dream. Chandeliers, floral wall paper, marble tables, lots of pink and fairy lights. This spot is perfect for a whimsical afternoon snack.  Make sure to check out their house made Oreo sandwich.

(Courtesy: Mashu! Mashu! Magazine)

3. Beaucoup Bakery

Not only does this bakery and café offer some of the most exceptional French-inspired treats in town, they also have an ambiance that attracts locals and serves as a destination spot for bloggers. This informal patisserie and café is a popular stop for croissants but also the high ceilings, dark marble tables and antique tea trays.

(Courtesy: Beaucoup Bakery)

4. Olive & Ruby Café

This new café on the block is all the rage right now. Not only do they offer some of the best juices and smoothies in town but the cafes bright décor is a dream for avid Instagrammers. The most photogenic aspects of the café are the hanging nest chairs with fluffy pastel pillows, tea cups painted with dainty gold hearts and a white concrete wall plastered with live green plants and succulents.

(Courtesy: Erin Ireland)

5. Matchstick Coffee

This Vancouver coffee shop has opened new locations within the past few years due to popular demand. This traditional coffee shop is nothing flashy but its simplicity attracts foodies and bloggers alike. The light wood and geometric setup offers some cozy and clean shots that are bound to brighten any feed.  My personal favorite location: 4807 Main St (at 32nd Ave)

(Courtesy: Matchstick Coffee Roasters)   

Sophie is currently a 2nd-year Communications student at SFU. She's an avid foodie, coffee snob, yogi and shopaholic, basically the definition of a city girl. However, she enjoys travelling and exploring different cultures and cuisines. To see more of her recent purcahses and foodie escapades visit her Instagram: @sophie3t
Terri is currently a fourth-year Communication major at Simon Fraser University and Campus Correspondent for Her Campus SFU. Hailing from Hong Kong and raised in Vancouver, she has grown to love the outdoors and mountains of BC. Her favourite pastimes are reading historical fiction, hiking, lying on the beach drinking mojitos and attempting to snowboard. You can get to know her more on Instagram and Twitter at @terriling.