This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SFU chapter.

After spending over a year at home doing Zoom University, the time has finally come to reintroduce the daily commute to our lives. Since Simon Fraser University’s campuses are almost all in far locations, with the main campus being on top of a mountain, we are spending copious amounts of time commuting either on transit or in our cars. It is a drag having to spend almost many hours of your day commuting, but there are ways to make it fun! You just need the right music on your commuting playlist. So, here are ten songs you need on your commuting playlist ASAP.

“Young Hearts Run Free” By Candi Staton

Not going to lie, I first heard this song playing in a Timothee Chalamet fan cam video, but that doesn’t distract from the fact that this song is a bop! I could listen to this song on repeat all day and still not get bored of it.

“Love It If We Made It” By The 1975

By far, this song may be my favourite song ever. The 1975 have a fun vibe, but also create an easy listening dynamic all at the same time. It is never too early or too late in the day to listen to Love It If We Made It, or maybe I’m just saying controversial things for the hell of it. Honestly, all The 1975 songs deserve to be on your commuting playlist, but this one tops the ranks. If you want a girly bop version, check out Rina Sawayma’s cover (also a favourite of mine).

“ZITTI E BUONI” By Maneskin

Maneskin made this song blasting through your car’s speakers (unconfirmed fact, but still). I have no idea what this song is saying since it is all in Italian, but it slaps. There have been plenty of times that I have sped down the highway blasting this song at full volume (for legal reasons, that is a joke). Italian rock n roll has never sounded so good!

“The Spins” By Mac Miller

If you need to pick me up, listen to this song. This song never fails to put a smile on my face and have me singing along to the lyrics, despite how questionable some of them are. I couldn’t name a more uplifting and “vibey” song than The Spins.

“Off To The Races” By Lana Del Rey

If you’re feeling like a divine heroine this song is for you. This song radiates femine energy and has such a fun vibe. Stare out the window and pretend you’re the main character while listening to Off To The Races. 

“Heart to Break” By Kim Petras

Girly pop anthem! Kim Petras knows how to make a girl bop and this one happens to be my favourite. Heart to Break is all about that feeling of being with someone you like so much that you’d feel honoured if they broke your heart. To be honest, she almost has you wanting you to want someone to break your heart.

“Just a waste” By PinkPantheress

This girly bop is the perfect mix of an upbeat and chill song. The witchy sounds mixed with PinkPantheress’ soft vocals will create the best atmosphere in your ears. 

“Tears Dry On Their Own” By Amy Winehouse

For those days where you don’t feel so hot, Tears Dry On Their Own has got your back. Sang by legendary Amy Winehouse, there is no doubt that you will love this song.

“Roslyn” By Bon Iver and St. Vincent

You need to have this song saved in your commuting playlist for rainy days when you’re traveling to Burnaby Mountain when you’d rather be watching Twilight at home. Plus, this song bangs.

“The Less I Know The Better” By Tame Impala

Is it really a commuting playlist if you don’t have at least one Tame Impala song? Absolutely not. This song is a classic and also the only song I know from Tame Impala.

Well, here you have it. Ten songs to bop to while you’re on your way to campus, work, or just around town.Hopefully this list has provided your ears with some great tunes for those long journeys. Good luck this semester!

Kiara is an International Studies major concentrating in International Security and Conflict with a minor in Labour Studies at Simon Fraser University.