This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SFA chapter.

Who is Billie Eilish?

Billie Eilish is a 17-year-old singer and songwriter from Los Angeles, CA, creating waves in the music industry with her alternative pop music inspired by characters she creates. She also draws inspiration from other issues going on her life such as adjusting to fame, her love life, and deciphering her own emotions of loneliness and self-loathing.

Why should you be listening to Billie Eilish?

Billie and her older brother Finneas, the co-writer and producer of all of her music, create honest music with creative lyrics and unusual song structure. She doesn’t go for the obvious pop star formula and is intent on doing her music her own way. Her integrity as an artist is almost as compelling as her music is. Her raspy soft vocals against the electro-pop beats make for some great music to dance to or just vibe to.

If you like these artists, you’ll like Billie Eilish:

Lana Del Rey, Lorde, Birdy, Kiiara, Zella Day

What songs do I start with?

1. Bury A Friend
  2. Idontwannabeyouanymore
  3. You Should See Me In A Crown
  4. My Boy
  5. When The Party’s Over
Pop punk enthusiast. Concert photography. Aspiring music journalist. The definition of a music nerd.
Hello, my name is Sa Maria Boyd. I am a Louisiana native raised in the beautiful city of Fort Worth, Texas. I am a really fun person ( at least I'd like to think). I graduated high school in 2015 from the wonderful Western Hills High School. In my four years there, I was apart of the Color Guard, Key Club, Senior Board, My goal is to travel the world and learn about different cultures so that I can help the world become more unified. I am currently attending Stephen F. Austin State University where I will be receiving my Bachelors of Arts in Mass Communications with a minor in Psychology in May of 2019. While I have been in school, I have held the positions of Social Media Director/Vice President for Her Campus SFA, and Vice President for the 6812 Chapter of the NAACP. I have also worked on the Crew, the television production organization for the Mass Communications department, KSAU 90.1--The Axe, and all three shows for SFA TV2.