This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SFA chapter.

As women, we often look up to other women. Whether they be celebrities or regular people, we all have someone who inspires us. Below are the 3 most important women in my life who inspire me to be a better me on a daily basis. I love them all with all my heart and they mean the absolute world to me and I am lucky to be able to call them family. 

Orlounda (Ora) Beatty

Photo courtesy: Ora Beatty

I could write an entire book about this woman here. My mother, my hero, my friend. I got lucky when God blessed me with a mother like her. She is everything that I aspire to be when I become a mother. She works hard, and she never complains about it. She supports me unconditionally and I know that whenever I need her she is always going to be right there. She is fearless in her approach at life, she doesn’t let anything hold her back and she makes me strive to be a better person every day. She’s been through so much in her life, but if you looked at her you would never know it. She is the backbone of my family and I know that without her all of us would be lost. She raised four kids with the help of my grandma, and she did an amazing job. She is the reason that I am where I am in life. I just want to make her proud!

Gracie Williams Photo by: Kasharra Ashworth

My grandma is truly one of a kind. She will keep you laughing all day with her stories about her life. However, it hasn’t always been an easy life. She had my mother at sixteen years old and still managed to get her high school diploma, making her the only one of her siblings to graduate high school. She means the absolute world to me and while we may not always get along, I know that she only wants what’s best for me. She is my biggest cheerleader. When I feel like I am not doing that great, I just have to talk to my grandma. She lifts my spirits and she always has encouraging words to say. My grandma worked hard her entire life and helped my mom provide a home for all of us. Between the two of them, I don’t know how to give up. They both have taught me to follow my dreams and to work hard. I don’t know who I’d be without my grandma and I am truly blessed that I have her. 

Octavia Ashworth

Photo courtesy of: Octavia Ashworth 

My little sister, my confidant, my best friend. I love this girl to pieces and yes, I am inspired by someone younger than me. I admire my sister’s approach to life. She isn’t afraid of challenges that life throws her way. She does what she has to do in order to achieve her dreams. I admire that she wants to go into nursing. I admire the person that she is. She’s an incredibly beautiful person on the inside and out. She has the ability to walk into a room and completely light it up. I pale in comparison to her amazing light and I wouldn’t have it any other way. I am proud to be her big sister and I lucked out when God chose my family to be hers! She’s becoming an amazing woman and I look forward to seeing all the great things that I know she is going to achieve in her life. 

Hello, I'm Kasharra Ashworth. I am in my third year at Stephen F. Austin State University as an Elementary Education Major. In my spare time I like to read (I'm a die hard romance fan), listen to music, play The Sims, and do/practice makeup. I am a granddaughter, a daughter, a sister, an aunt and a friend. Family means everything to me. I'm just a girl from a small town who wants to make her mark on this world.
Brianna is a Psychology major with a minor in Human Development and Family Studies here at SFA. She is passionate about people and that's how she landed a spot as CC for Her Campus' chapter at SFA! She enjoys hanging out with her cats, getting tattoos, and doing research. Her passion is to help the LGBTQ+ community by focusing on LGBTQ+ health and therapy in the future.