This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SFA chapter.

The “Saw” movies are one of if not my number one favorite movie series of all time. If anyone is interested in horror slasher movies, they have definitely seen the “Saw” films. My favorite part of these films is the psychological aspect brought on by the antagonist that goes by the infamous name ‘Jigsaw’. This name was given to the mass murderer because he would cut out a portion of his victim’s skin in the shape of a Jigsaw puzzle piece.

Jigsaw would knock out and capture strangers who he deemed unworthy of the life they had. Typically, this meant they either did not appreciate their life, or hurt others in the past. These strangers would be forced to participate in these elaborate and horrific traps that would result in either escape or death. The only way to get through Jigsaw’s traps were to follow his rules, sacrificing personal health and sanity.

There is a large debate among fans about which “Saw” movie is the vest overall. As I am re-watching the series, I constantly argue with myself over which movie I actually like the most. So far, I do think “Saw I” provides the best and easiest story to follow overall. Obviously, you cannot watch the other Saw movies without seeing the first installment. It provides a clear and interesting plot that keeps you captivated for the duration of the movie and establishes the motives of Jigsaw himself. “Saw II” is most likely my second favorite due to the various traps used throughout the film. In “Saw II”, there are multiple people stuck inside a house full of different traps that the group must get through in order to survive. One by one, the victims are picked off as they endure each trap; it provides a thrilling, nail-biting experience, waiting to see who is the last to survive.

In summary, if you are a horror fanatic and don’t mind intense gore, the “Saw” films are a great choice, especially during the Halloween season. You get the perfect mix of psychological torture and gore all in eight wonderful films. If you are considering watching these films, you can find all eight on DVD at your local Best Buy for only $15. If you are not interested in going out during the pandemic, they are available to rent or buy on Youtube starting at $1.99 to rent. I hope you enjoy!

I am a senior at SFASU, graduating in December 2021 with a bachelors in Animal Science. I want to be a Zookeeper when I get out of school because I have always had a passion for exotic animals. My favorite hobbies include painting and reading!
Hello Everyone! My name is Laura Restrepo and I go to SFA. I plan to major in psychology so I can use my degree to help others and make this world a better place. I am a writer for Her Campus. I love to read anything and everything whether its books, magazines, blogs, fan-fiction, journals, etc. I enjoy all types of music; I am open to anything. I am also a huge nerd for Star Wars, Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings/Hobbit series. In conclusion, the perfect day for me consists of these things with coffee and cold weather.