Why New Girl is Ridiculously Relatable

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SFA chapter.

Have you ever started that one show on Netflix that you were avoiding finishing because it was so funny and retable that you wouldn’t know what to watch afterwards?  For me, that one show was New Girl! I started New Girl and immediately got hooked.

In a weird way, I totally see a lot of myself in Jessica Day from New girl. Not only does she love crafting as much as I do, but also, on the show she is just a girl who has a close group of friends and deals with the daily struggles of life!

Here are some reasons why New Girl and Jessica Day are so relatable!

Jesse deals with her many break ups as any other 20 something year old might! At the beginning of the show Jesse must deal with a terrible break up with her bf of so many years, and that’s when her adventures with her 3 other roommates begin.

Winston always says what everyone is thinking – and might not want to say out loud. He brings in an interesting humor to the show!

Who can’t relate to Nick? Especially when having a mini panic attack about school, your future, career or finances, etc. He is that one friend that has the worst yet best ideas that make up the best memories.

I love my best friend to death and would do anything for her. Seeing Ceces’ and Jesses’ friendship reminds me of my friendship with my best friends. Even though they don’t do everything together they have each other’s backs no matter what. From Jesse dealing with a roommate or Cece having money trouble – they are always there for one another.

This show accurately portrays the struggles and thoughts of being single. Everyone on the show has had a bad break up and times where they were ready to date just like any of us have gone through.

You know when you’re feeling yourself to the point that you sound cocky? Well that’s Schmidt all the time. He is the go to person for advice – the go-getter. He is easy to relate to, especially when he is stressed out about life, being the sarcastic one and talking to himself to boost his confidence.

This show has it all – from breakdowns to issues with roommates to not being able to fit in. It honestly has been a show that I am avoiding finishing because I love it so much. If you have not watched it, why not give it a try and watch during your upcoming Spring Break ;)

My name is Tanya Moreno and I am a Junior International Business major at SFASU. I love to travel, and hope to be able to travel in my future job as well. I am very involved on campus and sometimes it can be too much for my own good. I am definitely a go-getter who loves Pinterest, my best frienf family and my job.
Greetings, earthlings. My name is Natalie and I am a lover of all things non-routine. A senior Radio/TV Broadcasting major at SFA, I enjoy running races, Netflix & Hulu binging, and traveling on short weekend getaways that I convince myself I can afford. I serve as Her Campus SFA's Campus Correspondent and Editor in Chief.