Why I joined Her Campus, and Why You Should Too

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SFA chapter.

Photo by Brittany Malone

Ever since I was young, I have always had a passion for writing. So, you can only imagine my excitement when I first learned about Her Campus. I was walking around campus when I saw a flyer looking for writers. I could hardly contain my excitement. I instantly went back and filled out the application and anxiously waited for a reply.

Even though I am new to Her Campus, I have been welcomed with open arms and have been able to meet so many people that have similar interests. I’ve also been provided the opportunity to write about any topic that I’m passionate about and I feel like my voice is finally being heard. There are so many reasons to join Her Campus, but here are a few:

1. You get to meet so many interesting people. This semester alone, I’ve met several people that I have a lot in common with.

2. You can get free stuff…and who doesn’t like that?! Be sure to follow SFA’s chapter on Instagram @hercampussfasu. There are a lot of giveaways so go check that out!

3. You can write about anything you want; there are endless topic options. Whether your passion be makeup, design, or politics there is always something to write about.

4. Being a part of Her Campus looks AMAZING on a resume. No matter what career goals you have, the ability to write well is an asset that potential employers often look for. The experience you gain with Her Campus might just help land you your dream internship!!

5. You make lasting memories. So many opportunities are extended to network with other people, you make friends with those you may not have before, and you get to do something that you love. Being a part of Her Campus has impacted my life and I can’t wait to see what’s in store for the future.

If you’re considering becoming a part of the Her Campus family, go for it! I promise you won’t regret it!!!

Brittany Malone is a senior at Stephen F. Austin State University where she is majoring in Psychology and is on a pre-med track. In her free time, Brittany enjoys reading books, writing stories, and obsessing over Treasure Planet. 
Hey there Delilah..  I am a Mass Communication grad student. I work for ESPN3 and have 2 amazing pups, Pepper my hound mix and my doberman, Hercules master of the universe. I enjoy editing videos and the smell of clean sheets.