This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SFA chapter.

If you haven’t heard, the hit Nickelodeon show Victorious was recently added to Netflix and the internet is going CRAZY. Now I don’t know about you, but I loved this show when it first aired. Although I was just barely getting into middle school I felt like I related to the hopes and dreams of the characters. Once I saw Victorious was added to Netflix alongside other shows, I immediately started watching without hesitation. Now since everyone and their mother started re-watching the series, there have been multiple memes and tik toks making fun of the main characters choices and actions.

The main character’s name is Tori Vega, a 16-year-old girl who gets accepted to a prestigious high school filled with highly talented people ranging from singers to actors to dancers and even those who are proficient in ventriloquism. Most of the jokes made about Tori are centered around the fact that her character has little to no real knowledge about the world of show business as well as having absolutely no character growth. Another critique of the show pertains to the fact that this show is full of multi-talented actors and actresses that don’t get to share the same spotlight.

Multiple members of the cast started their careers on Broadway and made their way onto our tv screens. This kind of talent was wasted as we can see with Ariana Grande whose net worth is around $80 million at the age of 26. Now we all know how talented she is after hearing one hit after the other in the past few years, but after rewatching Victorious, I realized that Ariana sings least out of the three main cast members. I am not trying to doubt the talent of the other actors and actresses on this show, but I think it was a huge mistake by the producers and directors to not take advantage of the talent they already had casted.

If you haven’t rewatched Victorious yet, I highly suggest you do so. It definitely isn’t as cringey as some of the other Nickelodeon and Disney shows out today. The music is still a bop; so, if you don’t want to rewatch the whole show, at least go back and listen to the hits. We all remember jamming out to Best Friends Brother and Freak the Freak Out – don’t lie! After jogging your memory, check out all the memes and tik toks criticizing the show because they are absolutely hilarious!

I am a senior at SFASU, graduating in December 2021 with a bachelors in Animal Science. I want to be a Zookeeper when I get out of school because I have always had a passion for exotic animals. My favorite hobbies include painting and reading!
Hello Everyone! My name is Laura Restrepo and I go to SFA. I plan to major in psychology so I can use my degree to help others and make this world a better place. I am a writer for Her Campus. I love to read anything and everything whether its books, magazines, blogs, fan-fiction, journals, etc. I enjoy all types of music; I am open to anything. I am also a huge nerd for Star Wars, Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings/Hobbit series. In conclusion, the perfect day for me consists of these things with coffee and cold weather.