This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SFA chapter.

After Kevin Lyman announced that 2018 would be the final full cross country Warped Tour, fans have been anxiously waiting for the lineup of bands to released. On March 1, the wait was finally over. The punk rock summer camp lineup includes Warped Tour veterans Sum41, Bowling for Soup, All Time Low, Silverstein, and Less Than Jake. However, in true warped fashion, there are a lot of newcomers as well.

This is my list of my top five bands that I think everyone should watch this year.

Photo provided by Vans Warped Tour Official Twitter.

1. Movements

Movements is a band from Berkeley, California. They draw inspiration for their sound from pop punk, emo, post hardcore and even spoken word. This band has blown up within the last year, after the quick success of their 2016 EP Outgrown Things. The band released their debut album Feel Something towards the end of 2017. Movements played Warped Tour for the first time in 2017 at the Full Sail Stage, which is meant for up and coming artists. This year they will play the mainstage, and you are not going to want to miss it. These California boys put on an energetic and engaging show. Though you might lose your voice if you attempt to scream along with the vocalist, Patrick Miranda. If you haven’t heard any music from Movements before, here are three songs I have a feeling they will play at Warped Tour:

“Nineteen”

“Daylily”

“Colourblind”

2. State Champs

Photo by Lexus Jacobs

State Champs performing at Warped Tour in 2016.

State Champs are a pop-punk band from Albany, New York. They are currently working on their third studio album under Pure Noise Records. This will be their third time playing Warped Tour. They are so much fun to watch live, Derek Discano’s vocals are nearly identical live as they are recorded, and their music is really catchy and joyful. Their sound reminds me of summer. State Champs’ most recent single is “Slow Burn,” but here are my top 3 songs from their albums The Finer Things (2013) and Around the World and Back Again (2015). These are a few songs they are sure to play:

“All You Are Is History”

“Losing Myself”

“Elevated”

3. Knuckle Puck

Knuckle Puck is arguably the best pop-punk band in the scene right now. From Chicago, Illinois, this band knows how to rock. Their melodic punk sound and meaningful lyrics make it so easy to yell out all their songs. They will most likely be playing songs from their most recent album, Shapeshifter (2017), which is full of great songs to nod your head to and sing along. However, here are some of my favorites:

“Gone”

“No Good”

“Untitled”

4. Grayscale

Grayscale is a newer band, and this will be their first and last time playing at Warped Tour. They are a 5-piece emo/alternative rock band from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. They recently signed with Fearless Records and released their debut album, Adornment, in 2017. Here’s a few songs from their new album:

“Fever Dream”

“Atlantic”

“Beautiful Things”

5. Real Friends

Photo by Lexus Jacobs

Real Friends performing at Warped Tour in 2016.

Real Friends are a group of Midwest sad boys from Tinsley Park, Illinois, and they make pop punk music. Their shows are very energetic, and Dan Lambton, lead vocalist, is very playful and jumpy on stage. His happiness is contagious and the crowd reciprocates it. Their latest single is “Get By,” but below are my favorite songs regardless of album:

“Mess”

“I Don’t Love You Anymore”

“I’ve Given Up on You”

Pop punk enthusiast. Concert photography. Aspiring music journalist. The definition of a music nerd.
Brianna is a Psychology major with a minor in Human Development and Family Studies here at SFA. She is passionate about people and that's how she landed a spot as CC for Her Campus' chapter at SFA! She enjoys hanging out with her cats, getting tattoos, and doing research. Her passion is to help the LGBTQ+ community by focusing on LGBTQ+ health and therapy in the future.