This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SFA chapter.

Whether you’re vegan, have allergies to dairy or you’re simply grossed out by the idea eating gelatin (animal tendons), carmine (artificial dye made from beetles) or lard (animal fat), here’s a few treats that everyone can enjoy. Some may be familiar candies you eat every day, and some maybe new to you, but regardless they are all delicious. All these candies are available in minis for all the little trick-or-treaters. Also, all the candies listed are available in Nacogdoches at Kroger or the Granary health food store. Or you can order them on Amazon.

1. Twizzlers 

2. Sour Patch Kids

3. Airheads

4. Smarties 

5. Jolly Ranchers

6. Skittles

On to brands you may have never heard of:

7. Yum Earth

Yum Earth is a candy company focused on creating gluten-free, organic, vegan, allergy-free treats. They are in the holiday spirit with their Halloween gummies shaped like fangs and bats, organic candy corn and fruit lollipops.

8. Surfs Sweets

Another company that makes a variety of gummies, lollipops, fruit snacks and gummy worms. This company isn’t fully vegan but offers a lot of vegan options, as well as gluten-free, organic and no artificial colors or flavors. All the deliciousness, none of the weird stuff.

9. Unreal 

This candy company churns out peanut butter cups that taste exactly like the Reese’s you know and love. If you’re craving the familiar taste of Reese’s but without the dairy, these are a perfect swap. They also have almond butter cups for those with peanut allergies. And on top of that, Unreal also makes “chocolate gems” that are nearly identical to M&M’s.

10. JJ’s Sweets Cocomels

Do you miss the sticky sweet taste of caramel? Cocomels makes caramel candy out of coconut milk,organic brown rice sugar, organic evaporated cane juice and xanthan gum! This sweet treat will bring back the nostalgia of eating caramel candies, without rotting your teeth and no dairy. 

11. Enjoy Life Chocolates

Enjoy Life is a chocolate brand free of 14 common allergens: wheat, peanuts, tree nuts, dairy, casein, soy, egg, sesame, sulfites, lupin, mustard, fish, shellfish, and crustaceans. Instead of dairy, soy or nut milk, they use rice milk for their creamy chocolate bars. Their rice milk crunch chocolate bar is very similar to the Crunch Bar but is safe for everyone to eat.

Pop punk enthusiast. Concert photography. Aspiring music journalist. The definition of a music nerd.
Brianna is a Psychology major with a minor in Human Development and Family Studies here at SFA. She is passionate about people and that's how she landed a spot as CC for Her Campus' chapter at SFA! She enjoys hanging out with her cats, getting tattoos, and doing research. Her passion is to help the LGBTQ+ community by focusing on LGBTQ+ health and therapy in the future.