Top 5 Must Have Apps to Survive That “Boring Class”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SFA chapter.

We all have those classes…the ones where we don’t have to pay a single second of attention and still pass with flying colors. The “all lecture” class periods, with the “only book material” tests. So how do you survive those classes and still receive the attendance credit? We’ve noted the top five apps to help you kill time during this time.

1. Twitter

Follow your friends, experts, favorite celebrities, and classmates to find out what’s going on in the “outside” world while you’re trapped in class!

2. Instagram

Snap a picture, choose a filter and display your boredom to your timeline of IG followers! Or simply pass the time by scrolling through pictures of family, friends, boutiques and celebrities.

3. Facebook

Catch up with your 500+ “friends” while reading your Newsfeed. Find out who’s engaged, married, divorced, depressed, “saved,” or having a baby all in one place! 

4. Pinterest

Get lost in this pinboard-style photo-sharing website that allows users to create and manage theme-based image collections such as events, interests, and fashion. BEWARE, for those with the creative-touch, your listening goes from halfway to zero as you become engulfed in the many images! 

5. Tumblr

You definitely should not be sitting in the front if you’re on this website. As a frequent Tumblr user, my newsfeed can go from G to R – rated in 2.5 secs! Post anything (from anywhere!), customize everything, and find and follow what you love right in your classroom! 

Although we highly frown upon sitting on the front row while browsing through these apps, we do suggest you sit in the middle “amongst the crowd.” :) Also, be respectful, if you’re teacher frowns upon your cellphone activity, by any means, PUT IT AWAY!

Kayla Borens is a senior from Stephen F Austin State University pursuing a degree in Public Communications. She has been selected as a recipient for the 2012 Who’s Who Among Students in American Universities and Colleges and graduate of Kilgore Junior College. Kayla currently interns for pr firm CasMacPR, and teaches Zumba! She is also an active member in a Christian youth group, The TURNAROUND in East Texas, as well as a supporting sister of younger brother, Spencer and older sister, Selena. Her post-graduation plans include working in Texas pursuing a career in public relations and social media and making her parents proud. :) You can follow her via Twitter @PR_incess_KayB & @creativedream_.