Thinking about Grad School? What About Abroad?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SFA chapter.

As someone who has lived abroad for a couple months, traveling and studying abroad has stayed in my mind. Traveling and wandering bug is real trust me. After you’ve gone abroad for a bit and experience the world a bit more you will not want to stop.

I will be graduating sooner than I thought, with only another semester left after this one, graduate school has come across my mind quite a bit. Graduate school or Business school is something that students should consider. Not everyone needs a Master degree. So if you know for sure what you’d like to do after college research to see if a Master degree is a requirement or if it will benefit you.

With that being said, if graduate school is something that you need for the field you’d like to go in or you really want to obtain your Master degree, consider doing it abroad for these reasons.

1. You will be immersed into a different culture and possibly learn another language

2. Get the opportunity to travel

3. Some countries have tuition free education for international students as well

4. Learn in a different environment and with different methods

5. Obtain a position abroad after you’ve finished your Master Program

6. Would be a great experience if you’d like and International Master such as Master in International Management or Master in International Affairs

7. Meet people from all around the world if you attend an International School

8. The international experience can be added to your resume and get employers attention

These are only a few of the benefits of why to do your graduate studies abroad. If you are considering this I highly recommend to do some more research about graduate programs by the country that interests you. Also, contact the Office of International Programs for more information! So why not take the next step and immerse yourself into a different culture for the next 2 years of your life!!

My name is Tanya Moreno and I am a Junior International Business major at SFASU. I love to travel, and hope to be able to travel in my future job as well. I am very involved on campus and sometimes it can be too much for my own good. I am definitely a go-getter who loves Pinterest, my best frienf family and my job.
Greetings, earthlings. My name is Natalie and I am a lover of all things non-routine. A senior Radio/TV Broadcasting major at SFA, I enjoy running races, Netflix & Hulu binging, and traveling on short weekend getaways that I convince myself I can afford. I serve as Her Campus SFA's Campus Correspondent and Editor in Chief.