Thanksgiving in Texas

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SFA chapter.

As we all know, Texas is known for having unpredictable weather. It is totally common to have a combination of all four seasons in one week. However, when one thinks of the holidays, people like to put up their décor, turn on the fireplace and whip up a nice glass of hot chocolate. But being that snow comes far and few between nowadays, it looks like we’re going to have to improvise!

Do not be discouraged! Thanksgiving is all about tradition, and even though the weather may not permit for the status quo, it’s never too late to start making new ones! 

Some things, however, should never change: Decorate everything! Put up your Christmas tree. If you’re a person who likes to host events, make sure your domain is very inviting. You can make candy and various treats and put them in nice glasses around your home. You can also provide a guestbook (which is recommended to complement the theme of the rest of your home). If you have Pandora, Apple Music, Amazon or a regular podcast, turn on some holiday classics and let it play in the background to enhance the mood.

Desserts are always vital to have in the house during this time of year. If you are not the best person to be in the kitchen, no worries! Buying a box of fudge brownies that only require you to add water will do just the trick. If you love to cook, don’t shy away from going the extra mile and making your own banana bread from scratch. You can make a delicious sweet potato pie, and you can even make candy apples for children! 

Thanksgiving is all about family and surrounding yourself around those you love. Thus, it should be important to do things, whether it be cooking a meal, playing board games or watching football, that gets you involved with one another. 

Time is so precious, and each moment must me cherished.

Hello, my name is Alayna Walker and I am a junior at Stephen F. Austin. I am a Radio/Tv Broadcasting major and I am minoring in psychology. My hobbies include reading, writing, working out and dancing.
Hi! My name is Andréa Tinoco. I am a senior at SFA, majoring in journalism and minoring in general business. My position at Her Campus SFA is the Campus Correspondent as well as Editor In Chief. My passions include writing, reading, running and yoga.