Super Senior to the Rescue! 

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SFA chapter.

So you have just found out that you have to stay an extra semester. Look, I know it sucks (and it can be expensive), but it isn’t the end of the world. As a future super senior, I’ve come up with some reasons why sticking around a little longer isn’t necessarily a bad thing.

1. You have more time to add to your portfolio/résumé

An extra semester gives you more time to build your résumé and/or add to your portfolio. In my case, that means more stories and dance experience. Whatever it is you’re majoring in, more experience is never a bad thing.

2. You already know how this whole “college thing” works

As a super senior, you’ll know where all your classes are and be able to tell if you actually need that textbook. 

3. You might be able to take some classes for fun

I’ll be sticking around in Fall ’17 for only three classes. I definitely plan on taking a couple classes just for fun! Plus, you can take classes that aren’t required but might actually be really helpful in your future career.

4. More time to plan your future after college

Sticking around means you have more time to plan the next step in your life, which is pretty nice.

5. Getting to be a college kid a little longer

Honestly, the idea of being a full-blown adult is slightly terrifying. Staying a little longer means you have more time to be a college kid. Make a college bucket list, and go to all the places in town that you’ve wanted to go to but still haven’t. Go to all the campus events you can. Eat ramen and go to any event with free food. Just enjoy the rest of your time before your evil nemesis, Student Loans Man, comes knocking.

Andrea Gallier is a Journalism major and Dance minor at Stephen F. Austin State University in Nacogdoches, Texas. Her passions include: dancing, traveling, hiking, backpacking, camping, The Walking Dead, and (of course) writing. Andrea sailed with Semester at Sea in Spring 2016 and is an aspiring travel writer. She has also worked as a contributing writer at The Pine Log at SFA and is a member of Dimensions Contemporary Ballet, a dance company in Nacogdoches. Website: http://andreagallier.wixsite.com/portfolio Twitter/Instagram/Snapchat: @andreagallier
Hi! My name is Andréa Tinoco. I am a senior at SFA, majoring in journalism and minoring in general business. My position at Her Campus SFA is the Campus Correspondent as well as Editor In Chief. My passions include writing, reading, running and yoga.