This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SFA chapter.

It’s a given that during busy college days, we all tend to grab whatever we see first to eat. But as an RD2BE, I’m here to tell you that eating nutrient dense snacks that will keep you energized, doesn’t have to be a hassle. Here are some of my favorite snacks that are frequently in my kitchen and should be in your grocery list for next time you need snacks. All of these are also dorm room-friendly options that can be found at most grocery stores!

1. Sargento Snack Packs

These are a quick option to grab and go and it is overall a well-balanced snack. Sargento offers many packs with different kinds of cheeses or nuts.

2. Dark Chocolate

Dark chocolate is my favorite snack for when I want something sweet but not too overly sweet. This will give you easy caffeine to get you through your study sessions. Additionally, it has antioxidant properties and mood boosting benefits!

3. Protein Shakes

As a dietetics major, I keep Ensure shakes nearby, but some other fun options are the Premier Protein shakes or the Orgain shakes. I enjoy these because it is a nutrient-dense option for when you are short on time, not to mention they’re perfect to take with you to class.

4. Trail Mix

Now I know that trail mix is not a popular option but hear me out! It’s a good source of fats, protein, and carbs, depending on the mix you buy and it’s convenient. I enjoy pairing it with a fruit or cheese.

5. Gogo Squeeze

These are technically intended for children but again, hear me out! These fruit puree packs are a lifesaver when you’re getting hungry and need something to tide you over while you wait for your meal.

6. Hummus Packs

I love hummus packs for when I want a savory snack. I really enjoy the red pepper flavor, and you can even use it as a veggie dip!

7. Perfect Bars

My all-time favorite protein bars that don’t taste like protein bars! The best flavor is the PB chocolate chip. I like these because they are a low glycemic index which means they don’t raise and drop your blood sugar as much. They also keep you fuller for longer.

Amy is a Dietetics and Nutritional Sciences major and hopes to become an RD. Her hobbies are creating polymer clay earrings, doing yoga, and running.