This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SFA chapter.

The year I’ve finally been waiting for…senior year. But this is not your average senior year! When I first stepped foot on SFA’s campus, never in a million years would I have expected my senior year to begin the way that it has. Even though it’s in the middle of a global pandemic, I know that this school year will be amazing and one for the books!

For those that are in the same dilemma as I am, here are some tips to help you make the most out of your senior year. While we are in precarious times, you can still have a great time with a few adjustments:

1. Make sure to meet with your advisor

Nothing is worse than finding that you can’t graduate because you are missing just a few credit hours. Take it from me…been there, done that. I was originally scheduled to graduate in December but because of a few hiccups on my end, I am now set to graduate in May of next year. At first, I was devastated but I truly believe that everything happens for a reason! I won’t let this get me down. A degree is still a degree, no matter how long it’s taken you to get it.

1. Spend time with your friends…while social distancing, of course

I thought that I wouldn’t be able to spend any time with my friends because of the pandemic but that’s not necessarily the case! It’s so important to stay connected with those you love, but we just have to come up with creative ways to do just that during the pandemic. Make sure you set up FaceTime calls with your friends, maybe go to dinner with them…just make sure that you stay safe.

1. Don’t let senioritis get the best of you

Not even going to lie, it’s only the second week of class and this is already starting to happen to me. The finish line is in sight and that has gotten me to thinking that I can afford to be lazy. DON’T FALL FOR THIS TRAP. Senior year is NOT the time to slack off. In fact, it’s probably the busiest you’ll ever be in your four (or more) years at a university. I think of all that I have on my plate: 18 credit hours, two internships, and multiple organizations that I am in leadership positions in. Now before you judge me: yes, I did all of this to myself. But I am confident in my abilities to accomplish all of my goals and more. I believe that it is so important to leave behind your legacy on your college campus and I plan on doing just that!

1. Finally…make sure to take care of your health during this time

I know, I know. I’m ALWAYS stressing taking care of your health in my articles. But that’s because it’s so necessary! This is important all of the time, but especially during a pandemic. Take care of yourself both physically and mentally. Senior year of college is no joke but think of it like this: you are SO close to having that degree. Don’t give up but make sure that you don’t push yourself too hard. Do what you can and everything else will fall in place. I don’t know about you, but I have a great feeling about this semester!

Brittany Malone is a senior at Stephen F. Austin State University where she is majoring in Psychology and is on a pre-med track. In her free time, Brittany enjoys reading books, writing stories, and obsessing over Treasure Planet. 
Hello Everyone! My name is Laura Restrepo and I go to SFA. I plan to major in psychology so I can use my degree to help others and make this world a better place. I am a writer for Her Campus. I love to read anything and everything whether its books, magazines, blogs, fan-fiction, journals, etc. I enjoy all types of music; I am open to anything. I am also a huge nerd for Star Wars, Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings/Hobbit series. In conclusion, the perfect day for me consists of these things with coffee and cold weather.