This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SFA chapter.

Since the start of the new semester, SFA had many Weeks of Welcome events that students could be engaged in. Apparently, Weeks of Welcome occur every first two weeks of each semester—I thought it was just for the fall semester! I appreciate that SFA wants their students and staff to be involved in any kind of social interaction. This is precisely why I attended the Involvement Fair at the Recreation Center on Thursday, January 23, 2019.

Last semester, I wanted to join many clubs and organizations at SFA, but I knew that I would only have time in my schedule to do a few. As a result of my schedule, I joined two sport clubs and one organization. I do not regret joining the aforementioned groups, but I want to join at least one more group this spring season. When I went to the Involvement Fair, I did not have any expectations on what type of clubs and organizations I would find. I looked at all the diverse booths to see what was even slightly interesting to me. I had the chance to talk to some of the booths like: SFA Girl Scout Alumnae Association, Student Wellness Action Team, Dancers Against Cancer, Circle K, and Organization of Latin Americans. They all informed me about their purpose, goals, and activities. I even asked them a handful of questions on how I would be able to contribute my educational and respective goals into the associations.

Photo found on Twitter // SFA_GetInvolved

All I have to do now is attend the interest meetings, then think about which groups appeal more to me. However, knowing how indecisive I am, I will probably take roughly a week or two to choose! I do have to consider the amount of money I have to spend on the club’s dues—money that I obviously have to save for food if I want to survive—and the amount to time I am willing to spend at these clubs. On the contrary, this semester is all about getting involved in the community in some way, doing something that I enjoy, and meeting potential friends. After all, spring is the season for life and new adventures.

Photo found on https://www.credit.com/blog/2013/12/the-4-decisions-every-lender-makes-71676/

Decisions, decisions!

I am studying English with a minor in Secondary Education. I like watching TV/movies, reading, softball, and the color purple. Her Campus member since Fall 2019 and loving it! "It's our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." - Albus Dumbledore
Hello Everyone! My name is Laura Restrepo and I go to SFA. I plan to major in psychology so I can use my degree to help others and make this world a better place. I am a writer for Her Campus. I love to read anything and everything whether its books, magazines, blogs, fan-fiction, journals, etc. I enjoy all types of music; I am open to anything. I am also a huge nerd for Star Wars, Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings/Hobbit series. In conclusion, the perfect day for me consists of these things with coffee and cold weather.