Sci-Fi in real life? I want to believe!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SFA chapter.

Since we were kids, the idea of aliens has been either incredibly exciting or downright terrifying. Shows like X-Files, Rick and Morty, or even sci-fi movies like Star Wars, Predator, Men in Black, and Alien have ingrained in our heads aliens could be real.

But is it stupid to believe in them? 

(source: X-Files Wiki)        

Aliens: Beings known to the human race as terrifying, grey, disfigured invaders who are hell bent on abducting humans to learn more about Earth. They have been a hot topic for a long time, and while most others would scoff at the idea of aliens being real, there has been a tremendous amount of evidence to support aliens are more real than you think. 

The thought of “invaders from other worlds” was never something people truly considered a possible reality. However, there has been evidence indicating that aliens may have been visiting earth since before we speculated they were real. In 74 B.C., a Roman historian by the name of Plutarch wrote about his extraterrestrial findings in his book “Parallel Lives”:

“…the sky burst asunder, and a huge, flame-like body was seen to fall… In shape, it was like a wine-jar, and in colour, like molten silver.”

Then in 1947, and the Roswell incident occurs. The United States is in a tizzy about the possibility that aliens have come to take over the world from simply seeing an unidentified flying object (UFO) crash land on a ranch northwest of Roswell, New Mexico. According to the official website for the Roswell Museum, a Rancher by the name of W.W. “Mack” Brazel, said he was struck by the unique qualities of the debris; he even showed the debris to his neighbors! Unfortunately, the “truth” about the event has since been covered up by the US Government.

But we may know the truth.

Today, alien experts reckon there have been nearly 105,000 recorded UFO sightings in the past 100 years. Also, there have been reports documented, with the help of the Sun Article, and the Mutual UFO Network, within the last year of alien encounters. If this doesn’t convince you, I don’t know what will.

On September 20th, 2017, in Washington state, two brothers retold there encounter with something strange to the Mutual UFO Network, or MUFON. They told the group they were headed to their lake house when two triangle-shaped objects flew in low with white and red lights. The witness’ further elaborate to MUFON, “It was illuminated by white and red lights and was triangular with rounded corners, but 3-D obviously. It was slowly spinning. I noticed it wasn’t moving and then it immediately started moving west about as fast as you see a plane move, but this was much closer than a plane so it must have been going much slower than that. Then it stopped again for a second and started going southwest at a considerable speed. That’s when I lost it in the tree line and nothing else after.” After sending out investigators, the Washington Field Investigation closed the case as “unknown UAV” (or Unmanned Aerial Vehicle).

Despite the glaring evidence I present to you readers, I know some of you will still not understand, but that is okay. For those who are now believers, I will depart some advice on you; to quote Mulder for X-Files, “The truth is out there”.

I believe, do you?

Photo courtesy of SaMaria Boyd

Bri Bell was a writer for SFASU Her Campus. She graduated with a Bachelor's in Art cica 2019! She is an artistic woman with a passion for FIlm/Cinematogrpahy, as well as writing. Bri Bell tends to write about things she is passionate about whether that be about music, literature, politics, or even random anime recommendations. She is fairly easy going about what she writes, and attempts to stray away from any topics that could have any/all triggers.