This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SFA chapter.

I know how boring it must be to still be quarantined with hardly any social interaction or activities to put a smile on your face. I haven’t really talked to some of my friends in a while because of the whole “let’s move every single thing online!” event—if they’re not in my Zoom class, then I have not held a conversation with them. There are times when I will interact with one of my friends on Twitter, Instagram, or Snapchat, but it is so NOT the same! *crying emoji*

I am also not the only person in my house to feel like I am living in Antarctica. One of my little (kind of tall) sisters, Vicky, feels the boredom creep up on her when she has no social interaction, even though she has online work to do. Unlike my other sister, Valeria—she has no problem researching things to do for the quaran-bordeom she feels—Vicky starts to go crazy when she has nothing to do, so I did the research for her. I discovered that there are a few holidays that I did not know about: National Superhero Day and International Dance Day.

According to National Today, National Superhero Day was created by employees of the Marvel franchise in the late 90s. The website states that the day falls on April 28th, and “honor[s] those who serve and protect while fighting evil.” (1) Since this pandemic is bringing out the real-life heroes, I thought that it would be a great idea to recognize and thank those superheroes in some way. Post videos on April 28th with the hashtag #NationalSuperheroDay or dress up as a favorite superhero (fictional or not). There is a Captain America (or Captain Marvel), an Iron Man, a Black Widow, a Superman, a Wonder Woman, and a Spiderman out there battling against evil to protect as many people as they can. Commemorate the day however you can!

To erase a little bit of the quaran-boredom in your life, post a video on April 29th for International Dance Day! National Today states that the holiday was established in 1982 by the International Theatre Institute’s Dance Committee. Numerous dances from diverse cultures are posted on this day, and you do not have to be a great dance to participate. International Dance Day is about having fun and taking the edge off of what is happening in your life. Go ahead and “Shake It Off” with a video of you dancing by yourself, with a family member, or with a pet, and post it with #InternationalDanceDay!

SOURCES

1. https://nationaltoday.com/national-superhero-day/
  2. https://nationaltoday.com/international-dance-day/
I am studying English with a minor in Secondary Education. I like watching TV/movies, reading, softball, and the color purple. Her Campus member since Fall 2019 and loving it! "It's our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." - Albus Dumbledore