etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Pocketful of Sunshine

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SFA chapter.

On October 24, 2017, Nintendo finally revealed their upcoming mobile game, Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp. Announced in spring of 2016, Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp has been a long-awaited addition to Nintendo’s catalog of mobile games, like Miitomo, Super Mario Run, and Fire Emblem Heroes. Pocket Camp has been soft-launched in Australia and so far what’s been seen is absolutely delightful.

(source:nac-pocketcamp.com)

Like the name implies, in Pocket Camp you manage your own campsite. You pick a theme for your campsite from natural, cute, sporty or cool and decorate it accordingly. In order to craft decorations for your campsite, you need supplies. You collect supplies from nature and by completing visiting animals’ requests. By decorating your campsite with furniture and larger amenities you attract animals and increase the popularity of your campsite.

Several new features have been introduced in this iteration of Animal Crossing including friendship levels, a customizable camper for your character, and a new currency called Leaf Tickets. Leaf Tickets can be acquired through gameplay or purchased with real money. Leaf Tickets can be used in crafting in lieu of missing materials or be used to shorten time spent crafting items or building amenities for your campsite.

New Characters Beppe, Giovanni, and Carlo (source:bidoofcrossing.tumblr.com)

Despite adapting for mobiles, Pocket Camp hasn’t lost the Animal Crossing charm that has been appealing to players for the last sixteen years. You can still do a number of activities like fishing, bug catching, and visiting with friends. Familiar characters like Tom Nook or K. K. Slider can visit your campsite. As per Animal Crossing tradition, the game plays in real time and everyday promises to have something new.

(source: @animalcrossing on twitter)

Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp will be available late November

Savannah Stewart is a creative writing major at Stephen F. Austin State University. When she's not writing you can find her playing Dungeons and Dragons or listening to a podcast. Twitter/Instagram: meadow_light
Hey there Delilah..  I am a Mass Communication grad student. I work for ESPN3 and have 2 amazing pups, Pepper my hound mix and my doberman, Hercules master of the universe. I enjoy editing videos and the smell of clean sheets.