This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SFA chapter.

With such a plethora of skin care products out in our day of age, it’s hard to know which products are harmful or not. With these common and inexpensive commodities, I would like to introduce my everyday skin care routine for normal skin (not oily nor dry). The products I use every day consists of Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser, Cetaphil Extra Gentle Daily Scrub, Neutrogena Alcohol-free Toner, Cetaphil Skin Restoring Moisturizer, and any basic cotton rounds.

Photo courtesy of Google Images

To begin, I tie my hair up and turn the water lukewarm (too hot of water can cause redness and can dry skin out). First, I grab my Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser and scrub a dime-size amount to my face in circular motions until the cleanser begins to foam. After this, rinse and pat dry your face. After the cleanser I proceed to the extra gentle daily scrub. With this product, essentially the same technique is used. It is important to purchase a gentle face scrub because scrubs with large granules can cause small tears in your pores. After using the scrub, rinse, dry, then move on to the alcohol-free toner. Apply the toner to a cotton round, only a few drops will be necessary. Once this is complete, apply the toner to your face in upward motions. Toner is used to decrease redness as well as tighten to prevent wrinkles. Finally, I end with the skin restoring moisturizer. Apply a pea-sized drop generously to the face.

Photo courtesy of Google Images

This skin care treatment has changed the quality of my skin and has been a game changer. Having access to inexpensive and healthy products has helped build my confidence as well as decreased my acne and redness. Creating a skin care ritual will not only help with self-assurance, but also make a brightness that everyone is bound to notice.

Hey y'all! I'm a senior at SFASU however I am currently student teaching in Houston. I am passionate about literature, reading, writing, makeup, and music. I hope y'all enjoy my articles and see a glimpse of me in each one. :)
Hello Everyone! My name is Laura Restrepo and I go to SFA. I plan to major in psychology so I can use my degree to help others and make this world a better place. I am a writer for Her Campus. I love to read anything and everything whether its books, magazines, blogs, fan-fiction, journals, etc. I enjoy all types of music; I am open to anything. I am also a huge nerd for Star Wars, Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings/Hobbit series. In conclusion, the perfect day for me consists of these things with coffee and cold weather.