This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SFA chapter.

I don’t care what anyone says, hands down the last 3 months of the year are the best. You have Halloween for all the spooky fun times and flights. You have Christmas for family and for some a holy recognition of Jesus’s birth. And for this month, November, it is Thanksgiving which I feel is all about giving thanks for what you have and being thankful for the people around you. Do not get me wrong, I personally love the food aspect of Thanksgiving; the turkey, gravy and mashed potatoes, pumpkin pie and pumpkin bread. Shoot, I could go on and on about just

Thanksgiving food. Back to my main point though. This year has been the first year I have been invited to a Friendsgiving and I was so excited to be sharing a very thankful holiday with people I really appreciate.

I had only ever been a guest at Thanksgiving and I am not the best at baking or cooking so I decided to go with something easy. The first thing that came to mind was pumpkin bread because I absolutely adore it, and I had every intention of actually making it, but I was tired and broke, so I just bought it premade from Walmart. So, after a fat nap, I took my pumpkin bread and headed there. I’m not going to lie, I was a little bit nervous and hungry going in, but also excited not knowing the vibe of everything. The second I walked in I was just consumed by a wave of love and friendship which washed away any doubts or worries I ever had. The warm and inviting energy gave the room life and the sense of comfort was palpable. We ate some amazing food, talked about anything and everything and just had an overall amazing time at Friendsgiving.

If I were to give anyone advice about Friendsgiving is that there is no need for any anxiety. You are surrounded by people that love and support you. Also, to skip the meal before because personally when I chow down for Thanksgiving, I chow down!

Hi I’m Abby I’m a Music major at SFA ?? I love makeup, movies, singing , reading , and writing Three things I can’t live without are my Friends, Family, and having Fun “ Don’t cry because it’s over. Smile because it happened “ -Dr. Seuss